Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Munich 2018
I concur with the statements of Steve above regarding RAAT and DSD and that of "Music or sound" regarding MQA right below it.

In my humble opinion.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Thanks Guillaume for the report! Anyone knowing what is the Ultra-Hd room correction mentioned on the Roon/RAAT slide ? Any news on the resuming of the upgrade program for Expert users ?
 Roon Air / convolution HAF / Devialet Expert D200/ DIY power and speakers cable / DIY Speakers Atohm EURUS 1.0 + DIY active SW 
(13-May-2018, 21:27)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(13-May-2018, 21:06)Zappydev Wrote:
(13-May-2018, 20:03)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi guys there is more coming, i’ve asked zdenes to cover the Q&A session with Mathieu Pernod.

In particular we covered clocking issues and the link between master and companion as well as digital sources and their influence on SQ.

And yes a white paper is coming...

Guillaume

Thank you for the slides. 

Does this mean that DSD will not be supported by the RAAT implementation ?

I am pretty sure it will, why do you ask? Something in one of the slides?

Guillaume

It is as HiFi_swlon pointed out - the slide said 192k max. Since they struggle to deliver what they promise, I do not share the optimism that they will deliver something that they do not promise!
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
Thanks for all the updates guys.

It does sound like Devialet are at least aiming to get to a better place, let’s hope they succeed.

Interesting that MQA rendering will not work with the ADH, at least we know now.
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(14-May-2018, 05:56)Zappydev Wrote:
(13-May-2018, 21:27)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(13-May-2018, 21:06)Zappydev Wrote: Thank you for the slides. 

Does this mean that DSD will not be supported by the RAAT implementation ?

I am pretty sure it will, why do you ask? Something in one of the slides?

Guillaume

It is as HiFi_swlon pointed out - the slide said 192k max. Since they struggle to deliver what they promise, I do not share the optimism that they will deliver something that they do not promise!

My guess is that DSD playback was an omission as I don't really see why it wouldn't be covered by RAAT, as long as the Devialet can support the format. I will check with them however.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(13-May-2018, 22:51)Music or sound Wrote: One aspect not discussed yet is their statement about MQA. Devialet had discussions with MQA and they will work on the first level of unfolding  as other softwares like latest Roon or Audirvana+ do already but will not develop full compatibility with MQA as the digital filtering MQA requires would negate their design. I personally think that is the right decision.

Yes, Mathieu was quite clear that he didn't want to add any digital filters to the ADH. I'm pretty sure that they could do it if they wanted to, this is more about preserving the integrity of the Devialet offering.

They seem quite happy to work with MQA on the unfolding side though.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I’ve been thinking about these slides some more over the weekend. All in all I came away feeling pretty negative, despite genuinely trying to be otherwise....

Despite covering some of the current issues they’re aware of, and a commitment to Roon, there doesn’t appear to be much of a plan:
-How will the Experts ultimately be controlled? Is it Spark? Is it the same ver the Phantoms use? When? They say they’re not bug fixing the ‘legacy’ iOS remote, but does this mean no remote, they’re building a new one, or its Spark?
-Configurator. Is it being replaced with a direct web control interface? Updates without SD cards? Timelines? What features will it have? PEQ for example?
-Any integration with Phantoms planned? Subwoofers or whatever. What’s the reason for putting them all on th same codebase and adding PLC, just ease of development?
-Any future plans for evolving the system beyond 192 dsd64

The above are details, but nowhere in the slides did I get a sense of a concrete plan going forward beyond just getting through the current CI issues.

But maybe those that were there got a sense of some of the above.....

I guess a ‘these are our medium and long term plans for your expert’ cards would have been reassuring.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(14-May-2018, 10:52)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I’ve been thinking about these slides some more over the weekend. All in all I came away feeling pretty negative, despite genuinely trying to be otherwise....

Despite covering some of the current issues they’re aware of, and a commitment to Roon, there doesn’t appear to be much of a plan:
-How will the Experts ultimately be controlled? Is it Spark? Is it the same ver the Phantoms use? When? They say they’re not bug fixing the ‘legacy’ iOS remote, but does this mean no remote, they’re building a new one, or its Spark?
-Configurator. Is it being replaced with a direct web control interface? Updates without SD cards? Timelines?  What features will it have? PEQ for example?
-Any integration with Phantoms planned? Subwoofers or whatever. What’s the reason for putting them all on th same codebase and adding PLC, just ease of development?
-Any future plans for evolving the system beyond 192 dsd64

The above are details, but nowhere in the slides did I get a sense of a concrete plan going forward beyond just getting through the current CI issues.

But maybe those that were there got a sense of some of the above.....

I guess a ‘these are our medium and long term plans for your expert’ cards would have been reassuring.

I suspect we did not get any of that for two reasons.

Firstly the new CEO has only been in place for two months and making organisational changes takes time, as I guess you might know from your own business involvement, both in the lead areas of product design and maunufacture but also the supporting areas of finance and HR and IT.

Secondly most of the historic cock-ups have been delay related. They won't want to get into that area again by setting out half-baked medium and long term plans a la Sannie. Hence CI I and CI II is what they should focus on, including fitting outstanding CI boards and encouraging Expert owners to get on to the Expert Pro structure.

Maybe they will say something about Phantom and Dialog and Spark elsewhere - but to raise that in Munich with those who are almost exclusively Expert would have been a silly tactic in my opinion.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
I agree about the time they've been in place, but presumably they AREADY HAD a plan before they embarked on the CI project? Smile

Spark I mean in the context of is it the replacement for the Expert iOS App.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Still no updated remote app?? Wow.. really, how hard can it be? Surely this is a very simple thing. Devialet should be on the bleeding edge of tech, the remote is just embarrassing.

Mind you, the app doesn't even work for me now that i have upgraded to CI board.