Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Munich 2018
(13-May-2018, 15:15)IanG-UK Wrote: On a serious note, it might be wise to give this new team a bit of space for the rest of the year until they have time to deliver CI phases I and II. And address the communication and customer service issues.

Like you I have been a severe critic but I hope that the main source of Devialet's shortcomings has been taken out of the equation and it is now for the dedicated team to get things on track. We know they read this forum and perhaps their enthusiam should be encouraged for a good period at this stage?

Ian

Your call, and that's your choice.

If someone was an Expert owner and didn't frequent Devialetchat then how would that person know what's happening - they wouldn't. All the information that Guillaume has supplied is much appreciated (along with info from yourself and others), but Devialet themselves haven't said a single word to their other customers around the world.

Core Infinity Log was last updated to FW12.2.2 4th May, but the last post by a Devialet employee in reply to a comment was 28th March - nearly 8 weeks ago. I myself haven't had a reply to my Customer Support ticket since 25th April (19 days).

I would be more than happy to accept updated info regarding the Pro CI range, but for those Expert owners who didn't join the CI or Pro upgrades I'm sure they would also appreciate updates on software for their models.
  • Do I think the Expert Pro's are great products, yes I do
  • Do I appreciate software development can be a minefield, yes totally
  • Do I wish the new Devialet Expert team all the best, off course I do
  • Do I expect regular updates on Expert progress or otherwise - YES!
  • Do I expect regular customer support (for a product costing RRP$50,000 in my case) - YES!!
Most of all, do I appreciate the support / knowledge base / and all round great people who contribute to Devialetchat - 110% YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
John
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Guillaume

Just want to say thanks for the photos of the Devialet slides, appreciate with all the other work you had to do before/during/after High-End, to spend time updating DC with these is much appreciated.

Cheers
John
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Any update for Expert owner without Pro?
Devialet Expert 120 | SF Electa Amator II | Nordost power & speaker cables | Raspberry Pi CM4 Streamer | Devialet Gemini | Vancouver, Canada.
I also thank all those that have contributed here with the new information from Munich. Most of it does sound promising indeed (well, except for the remote app info). I personally would like to hear a lot more about their plans with the configurator and hopeful elimination of need for the SD cards.

The new Devialet team does now have a window of opportunity to create an improved level of credibility beyond what we all have experienced. I would ask (hope) that Devialet post much of the information conveyed in Munich in the CI Log or perhaps another thread on their site. It seems like a no-brainer... I'd love for them to exceed my expectations here.

Not holding my breath, but I am indeed hopeful this is the start of something we can all get excited about...
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
@ Guillaume - Thank you so much for sharing the updates with the wonderful pictures, it makes for a nice "you are there" moment.

Nice to see the progress on RAAT too!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Hi guys there is more coming, i’ve asked zdenes to cover the Q&A session with Mathieu Pernod.

In particular we covered clocking issues and the link between master and companion as well as digital sources and their influence on SQ.

And yes a white paper is coming...

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(13-May-2018, 20:03)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi guys there is more coming, i’ve asked zdenes to cover the Q&A session with Mathieu Pernod.

In particular we covered clocking issues and the link between master and companion as well as digital sources and their influence on SQ.

Guillaume

Thank you for the slides. 

Does this mean that DSD will not be supported by the RAAT implementation ?
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(13-May-2018, 21:06)Zappydev Wrote:
(13-May-2018, 20:03)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi guys there is more coming, i’ve asked zdenes to cover the Q&A session with Mathieu Pernod.

Guillaume

Thank you for the slides. 

Does this mean that DSD will not be supported by the RAAT implementation ?

I am pretty sure it will, why do you ask? Something in one of the slides?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
The slides say 192 max, but bear in mind that Devialet engineers also told team-Roon DSD wasn’t supported with AIR so they disabled it initially. Thankfully a kind member from here gave Roon the correct info and hey presto they got it to work. I imagine RAAT will support whatever the Devialet can handle.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

One aspect not discussed yet is their statement about MQA. Devialet had discussions with MQA and they will work on the first level of unfolding as other softwares like latest Roon or Audirvana+ do already but will not develop full compatibility with MQA as the digital filtering MQA requires would negate their design. I personally think that is the right decision.