Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Near disaster with Devialet configurator
I just had a bad experience with a configuration error on my 440pro.

I made anew configuration for master and companion so I could use a line input on the companion for a CD player.

I set it all up and loaded the new configuration in both master and slave. I played a couple of CDs through the line input on the companion.

Then I started some music from Roon. Immediately I had music at what sounded like maximum volume from the right speaker, companion side, only. I grabbed the volume control and I had to keep turning it down, I got to minus 92dB before it was at anywhere near a low level.

Strangely the display was showing SAM as active when I’d disabled it in the configurator.

Has Devialet broken the configurator or something?

I feared that I had blown the left speaker. I turned the main power off to the Devialet and then loaded my previous configuration files. I turned the volume right down to the minimum before I played something from Roon again. It seems ok, but I’d like to know what went wrong here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
I cannot tell for sure, but I would suggest that, since you seem to have both the new and old configuration, you do a diff between the two to validate what is different between the two.

According to what you say, only the new input shall be. If it is not the case, you could try to recreate a configuration from scratch and again do a diff.

If there is no unexpected diff, then this is beyond my league in terms of troubleshooting.

Best of luck,
Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Thanks for your suggestion. How would I go about checking the difference between the two config files?

I think the problem arose when I let Roon switch the input automatically. I didn’t switch the input on the remote, I did as I usually do and just set something playing on the Roon remote and let Roon switch the input.

Maybe there is a problem if the Devialet is using an input on the companion and Roon switches the input?

Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
I downloaded Winmerge and used it to compare the master config files. I found some differences.

From the old config file the following:-

"BACKLIGHT_TIMEOUT":"OFF",
"ADH_VOL_MIX":[1,0],
"HPF_A":0,
"HPF_B":0,
"BQ_1_A":[0,0,1,0,0,1],
"BQ_1_B":[0,0,1,0,0,1],
"_line_max_level":2,
"_phono_max_level":5,
"GAIN_L":0,
"GAIN_R":0,

From the new config file:-

"HPF_A":3.2724869928922e-6,
"HPF_B":0.032195256657317,
"GAIN_L":9,
"GAIN_R":9,

And for the companion.

Old config file:-

"COAX3_S":{
"_pass_thru":false,
"DAC_VOL_MIX":[1,0],
"BACKLIGHT_MAX_LEVEL":100,
"_auto_dim_timeout":0,
"HPF_A":0,
"HPF_B":0,
"GAIN_L":0,
"GAIN_R":0,

New config file
"COAX3_S":{
"_pass_thru":false,
"DAC_VOL_MIX":[1,0],
"BACKLIGHT_MAX_LEVEL":100,
"_auto_dim_timeout":0,
"HPF_A":3.2724869928922e-6,
"HPF_B":0.032195256657317,
"GAIN_L":9,
"GAIN_R":9,

I also noticed something strange in my old config file for the companion. SAM is on, but for the master SAM is off. uh!
I found multiple bugs on configurator for dual-mono, but nothing like this.
I have many configuration files, but all of them have "HPF_A":0, "HPF_B":0, "GAIN_L":0, "GAIN_R":0. In your new configuration all these values are not "0". Did you activate some filtering, pass thru or gain option for your new configuration?
Did you try to recreate a configuration from scratch? You can also try to use a different browser when creating the new configuration file.
(29-Jun-2019, 17:03)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: I found multiple bugs on configurator for dual-mono, but nothing like this.
I have many configuration files, but all of them have "HPF_A":0, "HPF_B":0, "GAIN_L":0, "GAIN_R":0. In your new configuration all these values are not "0". Did you activate some filtering, pass thru or gain option for your new configuration?
Did you try to recreate a configuration from scratch? You can also try to use a different browser when creating the new configuration file.

I edited an existing configuration in my Devialet account. I added a line input on the companion. I did not activate any filtering.

(29-Jun-2019, 17:57)disarmamant Wrote:
(29-Jun-2019, 17:03)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: I found multiple bugs on configurator for dual-mono, but nothing like this.

I edited an existing configuration in my Devialet account. I added a line input on the companion. I did not activate any filtering.

I have had issues in the past, when trying to edit existing configurations, and have now always found it best to start from scratch with new configurations for both the Master and Companion units. It's a pain in the ar** but it seems to work that way. I know that you shouldn't, in a perfect world, need to do this but hey this the Devialet world Confused.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK