Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Expert Configurator
Am I late to this or mistaken, is there a new Expert Configurator on the Devialet site?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well, that is both interesting and puzzling. I only took a peek at it and it doesn’t look different. It would be great to know why Devialet is calling it NEW. More importantly, it would be great to see release notes to see if they addressed any of the known bugs.

Anyone with any insight on this (or know who to ask)?
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I might be mistaken, but think it’s been called ‘New configurator’ for some time.
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
It’s called new because you didn’t open an old configuration…
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Hello, in 2017 it was already called "New Configurator"!! So, nothing new! Sad

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Doh! Should have known better...
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
It’s interesting to see that with all the bitching about Devialet giving up on the Expert line there’s still people getting excited over nothing
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(07-May-2022, 03:16)Pim Wrote: It’s interesting to see that with all the bitching about Devialet giving up on the Expert line there’s still people getting excited over nothing

Are we sure Devialet is giving up on the Expert line?  They are still supporting upgrades. Just updated a D-Premier to a 250 Pro a month ago.   They were easy to deal with, and the results were well worth it to me.
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB
(07-May-2022, 03:48)Redwingnine Wrote:
(07-May-2022, 03:16)Pim Wrote: It’s interesting to see that with all the bitching about Devialet giving up on the Expert line there’s still people getting excited over nothing

Are we sure Devialet is giving up on the Expert line?  They are still supporting upgrades. Just updated a D-Premier to a 250 Pro a month ago.   They were easy to deal with, and the results were well worth it to me.

I recently had a little line through the display of on of my amps. It's a year out of warranty. Devialet had it picked up, sent to Paris for repair and sent back. All for free. I'd say you wouldn't do that if you didn't give a damn about your customers or how they feel about your product line.
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I too, don’t think that Devialet is abandoning the expert pro line. 

It is still their flagship product and their top of the line solution. 

I know that what I will say is hard to receive by those affected by problems like the RAAT issue or bugs in the configurator, but I suspect the Expert is “suffering” from the fact that any improvement will be marginal and most certainly will not affect SQ nor the majority of its users. 

Therefore, I think that they are still caring about experts and their customers, it is just that if you have to decide where spending a given amount of software development to have the biggest impact, a mature product like the expert may not be the first one. 

My two cents,
Jean-Marie 

PS
I recently had the opportunity to listen and compare in the same room:
  1. A Dione
  2. A pair of reactor II 98dB
  3. A pair of reactor I 108dB
  4. A D250 with a pair of very high end two way speakers (15k + speakers)

In my opinion, the hierarchy of quality is very well respected, but with the improvement being marginal and absolutely not in proportion with the increase in cost, and (1), (2) and (3) are really impressive and something I live with without feeling any frustration.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France