Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Phantom Premier Line Coming February 2nd 2021
I think this update isn't too bad. It doesn't piss off all the people who recently bought a 2k+ speaker, still includes some improvements and for those who were looking to buy their first or an additional it gives a few more options in terms of style. I think a lot more people would have been mad if the classics and golds became oblivious.
(02-Feb-2021, 09:25)kapri81 Wrote: And already a test out of the new Phantom:
https://youtu.be/GTW7EkLEhKE
Thanks! 
Seems like the remote v2 is included in the box when buying a new Phantom I. That's really good news for new Phantom owners!

Edit:
I wouldn't call it a test, more of a unboxing PR event for Devialet. The matte black and white finish looks really nice though.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I have the feeling that Devialet already brought this "new" Phantom on the market a couple of weeks ago. I bought a new Phantom last December and noticed a couple of differences relative to my old Phantoms (lower power consumption, faster boot up time, less heat production). There is also a thread about this. When I asked Devialet about this, they acted very secretive and they came up with all kinds of weird explanations. Anyway just wanted to share this with you guys!
(02-Feb-2021, 10:11)Walzu Wrote: I have the feeling that Devialet already brought this "new" Phantom on the market a couple of weeks ago. I bought a new Phantom last December and noticed a couple of differences relative to my old Phantoms (lower power consumption, faster boot up time, less heat production). There is also a thread about this. When I asked Devialet about this, they acted very secretive and they came up with all kinds of weird explanations. Anyway just wanted to share this with you guys!

I had an accident with my Phantom Opera ~3 months ago, and the replacement I got also showed differences.. 
Way lower power consumption as you mention and much cooler.. Big Grin  now it all makes sense..
Mine had serial no starting with N44P..
(02-Feb-2021, 10:17)Ettrig Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 10:11)Walzu Wrote: I have the feeling that Devialet already brought this "new" Phantom on the market a couple of weeks ago. I bought a new Phantom last December and noticed a couple of differences relative to my old Phantoms (lower power consumption, faster boot up time, less heat production). There is also a thread about this. When I asked Devialet about this, they acted very secretive and they came up with all kinds of weird explanations. Anyway just wanted to share this with you guys!

I had an accident with my Phantom Opera ~3 months ago, and the replacement I got also showed differences.. 
Way lower power consumption as you mention and much cooler.. Big Grin  now it all makes sense..

I also got a N44 serial number.. Good news for us I guess  Big Grin I saw in the specs that the Phantom now uses a 1.25GHz processor instead of a 800MHz processor. This is probably what's causing the faster boot time...
(02-Feb-2021, 10:25)Walzu Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 10:17)Ettrig Wrote:

I also got a N44 serial number.. Good news for us I guess  Big Grin I saw in the specs that the Phantom now uses a 1.25GHz processor instead of a 800MHz processor. This is probably what's causing the faster boot time...

That makes total sense.. Big Grin lol.. I was actually in dialogue with the support at Devialet trying to get replacement for my "Older one" as that one seemed "faulty" after getting the new one and seeing the vastly lower temperatures and power consumption.. I measure only about 10W in idle on the "new one" while my older Gold runs at ~40W or so.. and about 50% hotter.
Just spoke to Devialet support, he confirmed that the new Phantom I has a new processor and now also has a LED light at the back that indicates the status of the device (same as the reactor).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy owner of 2xGold Phantoms, 2xRemotes, Dialog w/Airplay and Cocoon
(02-Feb-2021, 10:38)Ettrig Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 10:25)Walzu Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 10:17)Ettrig Wrote: I had an accident with my Phantom Opera ~3 months ago, and the replacement I got also showed differences.. 

That makes total sense.. Big Grin lol.. I was actually in dialogue with the support at Devialet trying to get replacement for my "Older one" as that one seemed "faulty" after getting the new one and seeing the vastly lower temperatures and power consumption.. I measure only about 10W in idle on the "new one" while my older Gold runs at ~40W or so.. and about 50% hotter.

I got one of my Golds replaced in December last year. I just checked and it is way cooler on the back than my old one! Does this really mean that it might have the new processor?

Happy owner of 2xGold Phantoms, 2xRemotes, Dialog w/Airplay and Cocoon
(02-Feb-2021, 10:41)Hissbull Wrote: Just spoke to Devialet support, he confirmed that the new Phantom I has a new processor and now also has a LED light at the back that indicates the status of the device (same as the reactor).

My "replacement" I got in Oct had no LED light, but I guess it has the new processor and possibly internals because of the lower temp and power consumption.
(02-Feb-2021, 11:38)Ettrig Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 10:41)Hissbull Wrote: Just spoke to Devialet support, he confirmed that the new Phantom I has a new processor and now also has a LED light at the back that indicates the status of the device (same as the reactor).

My "replacement" I got in Oct had no LED light, but I guess it has the new processor and possibly internals because of the lower temp and power consumption.

Most likely :-) I got a replacement in Oct for a Gold and I noticed it consumed way lower power and ran way cooler so my guess is we got units that had partly become the new generation with changed internal components.