Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Phantom Premier Line Coming February 2nd 2021
(06-Feb-2021, 10:24)Flaeske Wrote: Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Would be a steal if you could connect more than one Dialog to the network.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(07-Feb-2021, 00:54)ragwo Wrote:
(06-Feb-2021, 10:24)Flaeske Wrote: Smile

Would be a steal if you could connect more than one Dialog to the network.

Yes! I still sometimes use dialog but I’m not sure about how good quality sound it deliver to phantoms. Is there any place here that is written if it’s down sampling or is it pure sending signals of high MQA?
I have a set up to dialog from Mac mini.
[Image: 65134378a0011f52fc587d0ec8124d1e.jpg]

Without the dialog gives a better SQ
So, finally I am about to buy the new Phantom I 108 (black). 
But there are a couple of questions remaining, especially because I played around with sound quality lately. I managed to stream Tidal Master Quality to my current audio setup via a Bluesound Node 2i. And I do not want to loose quality here. So my questions:

1. I assume streaming from my apple devices (iPhone and iPad) via Airplay (bluetooth) is "bad" quality, because I use the apple sound format (AAC I assume) ? Is there a difference in quality between Airplay and Airplay 2 ?
2. I assume Devialet does not support AptX or AptX HD ?
3. I assume I can stream from my Bluesound Node 2i via TOS link to the Phantoms ? So the Bluesound takes Tidal Master quality ? Or what would be the correct way to get the highest audio quality to the phantoms.
4. I watched a video, that showed the Cabasse Pearl. They have the same price range as the Devialet. Anyone has compared the Cabasse (especially with the Pearl Subwoofer added) ? And will they support Tidal Master ?

I am sorry for so many questions, but I did a little search on the forum and it did not bring up details concerning those questions.

Thanks for answering.

Michael
(07-Feb-2021, 13:47)Gridphoenix Wrote: So, finally I am about to buy the new Phantom I 108 (black). 
But there are a couple of questions remaining, especially because I played around with sound quality lately. I managed to stream Tidal Master Quality to my current audio setup via a Bluesound Node 2i. And I do not want to loose quality here. So my questions:

1. I assume streaming from my apple devices (iPhone and iPad) via Airplay (bluetooth) is "bad" quality, because I use the apple sound format (AAC I assume) ? Is there a difference in quality between Airplay and Airplay 2 ?
3. I assume I can stream from my Bluesound Node 2i via TOS link to the Phantoms ? So the Bluesound takes Tidal Master quality ? Or what would be the correct way to get the highest audio quality to the phantoms.
4. I watched a video, that showed the Cabasse Pearl. They have the same price range as the Devialet. Anyone has compared the Cabasse (especially with the Pearl Subwoofer added) ? And will they support Tidal Master ?

I am sorry for so many questions, but I did a little search on the forum and it did not bring up details concerning those questions.

Thanks for answering.

Michael

1) Airplay isn’t Bluetooth, it offers CD quality streaming whereas the Bluetooth (AptX) on Phantom doesn’t. No difference in quality between Airplay 1 and 2 also. 
2) On Qualcomm’s website it does say AptX is supported by the Phantoms but it doesn’t confirm this on the Devialet website, not sure which one is correct. But if you are streaming from an Apple device it will be of no use as Apple devices do not support AptX. 
3) Highest quality would require either RAAT (Roon), upnp, or optical in your case. But do remember at the moment all hi res audio is downsampled to 24/48. 
4) I’ve heard the Cabasse Pearls in Harrods last year. In my opinion no comparison at all, to be frank nothing in the price range or double or possibly triple the price of the Phantom 108db comes close. 
If you do decide to get the Phantom, you definitely will not be disappointed with the sound quality. The only real downside to the Phantom is the software, which is shocking. But if you can get past this you’ll be having easily the best speaker on the market in its price range.
(07-Feb-2021, 14:14)ARandomMan Wrote:
(07-Feb-2021, 13:47)Gridphoenix Wrote: So, finally I am about to buy the new Phantom I 108 (black). 

Thanks for answering.

Michael

1) Airplay isn’t Bluetooth, it offers CD quality streaming whereas the Bluetooth (AptX) on Phantom doesn’t. No difference in quality between Airplay 1 and 2 also. 
2) On Qualcomm’s website it does say AptX is supported by the Phantoms but it doesn’t confirm this on the Devialet website, not sure which one is correct. But if you are streaming from an Apple device it will be of no use as Apple devices do not support AptX. 
3) Highest quality would require either RAAT (Roon), upnp, or optical in your case. But do remember at the moment all hi res audio is downsampled to 24/48. 
4) I’ve heard the Cabasse Pearls in Harrods last year. In my opinion no comparison at all, to be frank nothing in the price range or double or possibly triple the price of the Phantom 108db comes close. 
If you do decide to get the Phantom, you definitely will not be disappointed with the sound quality. The only real downside to the Phantom is the software, which is shocking. But if you can get past this you’ll be having easily the best speaker on the market in its price range.

Thanks a lot. I will order them now. One questions remains: are the treepods high enough? Or do I have to put the phantoms on treepods on a shelf or podium. Thx.

Michael
(07-Feb-2021, 15:55)Gridphoenix Wrote:
(07-Feb-2021, 14:14)ARandomMan Wrote:

Thanks for answering.

Michael

Thanks a lot. I will order them now. One questions remains: are the treepods high enough? Or do I have to put the phantoms on treepods on a shelf or podium. Thx.

Michael

The trees will be perfect on the floor. Smile 
Are you getting 2 Phantoms?
(07-Feb-2021, 16:01)ARandomMan Wrote:
(07-Feb-2021, 15:55)Gridphoenix Wrote:
(07-Feb-2021, 14:14)ARandomMan Wrote: 1) Airplay isn’t Bluetooth, it offers CD quality streaming whereas the Bluetooth (AptX) on Phantom doesn’t. No difference in quality between Airplay 1 and 2 also. 

Michael

The trees will be perfect on the floor. Smile 
Are you getting 2 Phantoms?

Yes! My wife finally agreed :-) They are black now :-)))

Michael
Congratulations! Unfortunately the Tree doesn't come in black yet. You should ask Devialet if they will be available in black.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(07-Feb-2021, 16:19)ragwo Wrote: Congratulations! Unfortunately the Tree doesn't come in black yet. You should ask Devialet if they will be available in black.

Ordered 2 Treepods. My wife does not like the tree anyway. Delivery date ist 19.2., can‘t wait.

Michael