Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
New beta firmware 7.1.3 released
Thanks for the heads up on the firmware. Yes, it would be nice to know what it is, but I took the punt anyway. I'm still getting used to the sound of my D200 and have only heard it with 7.1.1.
That said, to my ears, on the album I was listening to at the time at least, 7.1.3 sounds pretty much identical.
I will be curious to see how the 7.1.3 will perform on dual monos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(29-Apr-2015, 19:28)Hyperhenry Wrote: Guys

being disappointed from the previous version 7.1.1. which I skipped because it sounded cold and harsh - they are now back on track.
The new version 7.1.3 sounds much better - music is back and temp is lower as well.
Good job Devialet - although I have no clue what they have changed and what is subject to change in the new version.
Anyway I am a happy clappy again.  Shy

Cheers
Henry

Happy to hear it. So I am not an only one to hear changes and improvements with 7.1.3. in action. 

Today I listened five different music albums (some CD, some 24/96 studio masters) and I am SURE that there are changes in sound. In just one word MUSICALITY is better. There is just more desire to listen to music... also I can hear more musical details from recordings. 

Midrange is more liquid. Timbres are better. In my opinion this is just a good direction of changes.  
I listen my favorite Rene Aubry's album for two hours. I think that sound is more dynamic and details sounded louder and slightly bodied.
Indeed, it's weird they don't provide any change log. This could be explained if they intended to release it for only a small group of users which they direct to it because of a certain issue, after these people opened a support case. edit: but I do see them write: "Here is the beta version of firmware, please try it and let us know your comments" which seems to contradict my own theory! Wink Sigh...they'll probably never learn to communicate properly.

I for one am not going to install it when I don't have a clue what they changed for what reason.

Only the ihm and dspm parts of the complete firmware package have changed. Rest is bit for bit identical.

I believe ihm is the 'Interactions Homme-Machine' (French: Human-Machine Interactions)' part so responsible for the user interface of the Devialet (menu's, screens etc.). DSPM was never a part of the D-Premier so it must be the software running in the new DSP of the D120/200/250.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(29-Apr-2015, 23:04)Antoine Wrote: Indeed, it's weird they don't provide any change log. This could be explained if they intended to release it for only a small group of users which they direct to it because of a certain issue, after these people opened a support case. edit: but I do see them write: "Here is the beta version of firmware, please try it and let us know your comments" which seems to contradict my own theory! Wink Sigh...they'll probably never learn to communicate properly.

I for one am not going to install it when I don't have a clue what they changed for what reason.

Only the ihm and dspm parts of the complete firmware package have changed. Rest is bit for bit identical.

I believe ihm is the 'Interactions Homme-Machine' (French: Human-Machine Interactions)' part so responsible for the user interface of the Devialet (menu's, screens etc.). DSPM was never a part of the D-Premier so it must be the software running in the new DSP of the D120/200/250.

Maybe it is a Devialet experiment on user expectation bias?
Haha Big Grin

Well some people already put their credibility on the line claiming improvements in sound quality. What if they later announce they've only made cosmetical changes that have nothing to do with sound reproduction...oops! Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(29-Apr-2015, 23:24)Confused Wrote:
(29-Apr-2015, 23:04)Antoine Wrote: Indeed, it's weird they don't provide any change log. This could be explained if they intended to release it for only a small group of users which they direct to it because of a certain issue, after these people opened a support case. edit: but I do see them write: "Here is the beta version of firmware, please try it and let us know your comments" which seems to contradict my own theory! Wink Sigh...they'll probably never learn to communicate properly.

Maybe it is a Devialet experiment on user expectation bias?

I'm guessing it's probably got some attempted fix for the air issue. And there is allot of expectation bias happening in this thread.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Here's my wild guess. The IHM update is to allow the 120/200/250 to be controlled by Spark/Dialog. I suspect an update is coming for both of those products.

I can't comment on any changes in sound, but my D200 seems to boot up faster.
(30-Apr-2015, 02:21)DJ 04 Wrote:

Here's my wild guess. The IHM update is to allow the 120/200/250 to be controlled by Spark/Dialog. I suspect an update is coming for both of those products.

I can't comment on any changes in sound, but my D200 seems to boot up faster.

Id say you're pretty spot on with the connection of the interface file to Spark/Dialog.

One wonders if Spark will eventually become the devialet remote regardless of phantom or dialog ownership.

It would make sense to merge the code and have a singular app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50