Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New features of v8 and DSD question
Also landing with firmware 8.0 is yet another acronym: the RAM (‘Record Active Matching’) phono stage brings remote controllable configuration of loading, gain and thirteen EQ curves. Alternatively, single-click presets for 130 of the world’s most popular cartridges can be applied – great news for novices.

Does anyone know the 130 carts that are supported? as I'm thinking about getting into vinyl...I think..

Also I will be transferring a heap of test DSD files from a friends USB onto my NAS, what's the best way of playing them?

I currently use a SBT to stream my flacs stored on my nas and I have noticed a DSD plugin for the SBT but I don't want to lose quality as I think it might do some converting on the fly.
Edit:
Actually playing DSD on a Squeezebox Touch won't do much good compared to the PCM version (24/96 or 24/192) . This is because LMS will transcode DSD to PCM anyway. You need to have a DSD DAC in order to hear the real benefit.
Devialet 120 <> Cremona Auditor M <> roon core running on my iMac via Air Ethernet with iPad/Android remote.
MQA via Tidal app also plays great but not as user friendly as have to use splashtop app to control remotely.
Vinyl question: look at the online configurator, that lists all the cartridges.

DSD: If you have a Mac, use Audirvana, connect your Mac via USB. If you have a PC I think Jriver supprts DSD, or perheps Foobar.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Also landing with firmware 8.0 is yet another acronym: the RAM (‘Record Active Matching’) phono stage brings remote controllable configuration of loading, gain and thirteen EQ curves. Alternatively, single-click presets for 130 of the world’s most popular cartridges can be applied – great news for novices.

Does anyone know the 130 carts that are supported? as I'm thinking about getting into vinyl...I think..

You can see all the cartridges supported in the configurator - no need to logon

http://en.devialet.com/configurator/advanced

Just click on Phono 2 and you will get pull down menus for brand and model
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(16-May-2015, 07:46)PhilP Wrote: Also landing with firmware 8.0 is yet another acronym: the RAM (‘Record Active Matching’) phono stage brings remote controllable configuration of loading, gain and thirteen EQ curves. Alternatively, single-click presets for 130 of the world’s most popular cartridges can be applied – great news for novices.

You can see all the cartridges supported in the configurator - no need to logon

http://en.devialet.com/configurator/advanced

Just click on Phono 2 and you will get pull down menus for brand and model

Please note, at least in my case that I do not use all the settings that are displayed on the list (Benz LPS: 0 capacitance, High impedance, 350 uV) so you may have better results by testing other parameters then what Devialet is suggesting (they have this info from the cartridge makers).

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(16-May-2015, 07:08)craigyoung Wrote: Does anyone know the 130 carts that are supported? as I'm thinking about getting into vinyl...I think..

I would say that they tried to cover the most popular but knowing what eclectic bunch of people we are I am sure there will be users looking for their specific cartridge. However there is still plenty of different riaa curves to chose from and at the same time I believe that you still would be able to manually config your specific cartridge.

/M
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(16-May-2015, 08:05)Mikeeo Wrote:
(16-May-2015, 07:08)craigyoung Wrote: Does anyone know the 130 carts that are supported? as I'm thinking about getting into vinyl...I think..

I would say that they tried to cover the most popular but knowing what eclectic bunch of people we are I am sure there will be users looking for their specific cartridge. However there is still plenty of different riaa curves to chose from and at the same time I believe that you still would be able to manually config your specific cartridge.

/M

here is the list of brands supported 

Sure
Ortofon
Pro-ject
Sumiko
Grado
Audio Technica
Dynavector
Denon
Rega
Goldring
Nagaoka
Wilson Benesch
Roksan
Clear Audio
Air Tight
Lyra
Benz

of course each brands as several carts supported you can see the details in the advanced configuration in Phono 2

And now i have a question to members with extensive experience with LPs. which brand/carts of these you consider to be of high end excellent performance?

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Add Clearaudio, too Smile
Sonos - Devialet 200 - Dynaudio Evidence Temptation
(16-May-2015, 09:57)Akk_fin Wrote: Add Clearaudio, too Smile

is this a wish or are you stating a fact? Smile

Edit:

My bad Smile i did not see the rest of the list Smile
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE