Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting pictures from RMAF
(08-Oct-2015, 09:50)Rodney Gold Wrote: If you spend the eye watering amount for a 800 and the B&W's .. spending a bit on cables...just in case .. is trivial

So THATS how they get away with it ......     Angel
(08-Oct-2015, 09:50)Rodney Gold Wrote: If you spend the eye watering amount for a 800 and the B&W's .. spending a bit on cables...just in case .. is trivial

Yes but however trivial it is a waste of money if there is no audible gain.

I hear no difference between adequate gauge speaker cables, personally. The cables I used between my Goldmund amps and speakers were Goldmund with their own high contact area choice of non standard connector. When I demo-ed the D-Premier I evaluated it using some inexpensive speaker cable I had in a drawer and when I bought one I got some correct lengths of speaker cable with banana plugs from e-bay for under £20.
I have never felt that the SQ has suffered. Now I have updated to an 800 I am still using these cables when using the Epilogs.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(09-Oct-2015, 11:35)f1eng Wrote:

I hear no difference between adequate gauge speaker cables, personally. The cables I used between my Goldmund amps and speakers were Goldmund with their own high contact area choice of non standard connector. When I demo-ed the D-Premier I evaluated it using some inexpensive speaker cable I had in a drawer and when I bought one I got some correct lengths of speaker cable with banana plugs from e-bay for under £20.
I have never felt that the SQ has suffered. Now I have updated to an 800 I am still using these cables when using the Epilogs.

You owe it to yourself to try better cables!
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
(09-Oct-2015, 15:28)miro Wrote:
(09-Oct-2015, 11:35)f1eng Wrote:

You owe it to yourself to try better cables!

I went through that years ago.
With my daughter changing the cables so I didn't know which were playing the only cable I could consistently pick out was an absurdly expensive MIT which had a higher retail price than the amp.

I consider this to be dishonest to the point of criminal, whether legal or not.

All the speaker cables without filters, at every price, sounded the same to me.

Some time later I did run their filter boxes at the speaker end of Goldmund speaker cables whilst I had a Mimesis 29 amp and Sonus Faber Extremas but it was not really possible to audition their effect since they effectively convert from proprietary connector to bananas.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

We're all susceptible to the lure and the promise though. A really well written review can get me thinking I should try putting expensive lumps of wood under the power cables or something.

At the same time, we shouldn't dismiss the importance of the aesthetics. The brain is a funny beast and sometimes when we think something looks a certain way it can effect our perception. In other words, if a beautiful fat cable looks the business, it can create the perception of a difference in sound even if there is none. Maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk