Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Expert Pro upgrade?
(27-Jun-2021, 02:12)audio_engr Wrote:
(27-Jun-2021, 01:03)winiar560 Wrote: Are the remotes from d200 and d220 pro exactly the same and work the same with no need for upgrade of components inside the remote?

Yes, they are the same.

I'm not so sure about that; when we sent our Od'A back for the upgrade, Devialet specifically wanted the remote control back too. They've never really given any information as to why but there's a chance there was an upgrade in the remote as well.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(21-Sep-2020, 18:49)melozen Wrote: I started thinking that maybe its time to upgrade my 400 to 440 Pro. Not much time left on the warranty, software upgrades have stopped a while back and a lot of people reported improved sound quality, especially at low volume listening (very important to me). But I started wondering what if there is another hardware upgrade around the corner since there have not been one for about 4 years. So you think its pretty safe to go for it?

I never regretted upgrading from a 200 to a 220. Even though it was more expensive than today.

Mark Levinson No585 | Denafrips Venus II 12th | Crystal Cable XLR | Crystal Cable Diamond2 USB | Crystal Cable Reference Diamond speaker cables | MartinLogan Expression ESL 13A | Roon Nucleus + Qobuz | TeddyPardo LPS for switch and Nucleus. (I gave up on Devialet)
Got recently upgraded my D400 for a D440 and besides the new 5 year warranty the sound with the new D440 seems better for me; Although I did not have the opportunity to compare side by side
There is a double page ad in STEREO magazine - seems to be the only sign from Devialet for months. So at least they haven‘t abandoned Expert Line.