Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Expert Pro upgrade?
@melozen
I don't share the same sense of anticipation that some do in waiting for, and wanting, another upgrade to the Pro series of amps. Personally, I'm totally satisfied with what has been delivered. I do, of course, hope that a super-solid smart device app comes along, and that other niggles addressed.

I'm just pitching in to suggest that you look for threads about the Pro and CI upgrades and sound quality. There are quite a few from the fall of 2016. I think you'll find my posts especially compelling and of the highest quality. Smile

I know that @Wdw upgraded his 400 to a 440 about the same time that I went from a 120 to a 220, and our reactions were very similar. Look for his posts on the upgrade to get a very good sense of the differences in sound quality.

Just in general, I think that for most of us who went from an Expert to a Pro and then the CI version, the difference was profound and, on balance, very desirable. Not everyone felt that way, and so do look for posts from members who preferred the Expert presentation to that of the Pro. It is a totally reasonable opinion as we all have individual preferences, as well as different rooms and associated equipment.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
I really doubt that there's another hardware upgrade around the corner. CI board was supposed to be the foundation for all the future software upgrades, so hopefully they will deliver a firmware by the end of the year.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
Thank you very much for you responses, you helped me to make up my mind. Damon, your comment about your posts made me smile. Smile
Now I have to decide if I should go with 440 Pro or for $1000 more with two 220 Pros (I guess 440 is not exactly two Masters).
Is there a list of current bugs / issues and missing features? Just might get a chance to talk to Devialet directly
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Summary-...let-issues
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(22-Sep-2020, 03:04)melozen Wrote: Thank you very much for you responses, you helped me to make up my mind. Damon, your comment about your posts made me smile. Smile
Now I have to decide if I should go with 440 Pro or for $1000 more with two 220 Pros (I guess 440 is not exactly two Masters).

A 440 Pro is two 220 Pros, there is no difference in the units themselves, just that the 'slave' does not come with a remote control. So if you wanted two 220 Pros it's probably cheaper to get the 440, split them and find a second remote somewhere.
I have orderd the upgrade today... Rolleyes

atb, Tom
Devialet 440pro CI - TAD CE-1
Antipodes K50 G4
Bauer Audio DPS3 iT, Colibri XGW Stradivarius
StSt Motus II DQ, Sorane SA-1.2, DRT XV-1s
Germany
Congrats.
Been pondering about it too, but I am still in doubt. Still a lot of money.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(22-Sep-2020, 13:42)Laura Wrote:
(22-Sep-2020, 03:04)melozen Wrote: Thank you very much for you responses, you helped me to make up my mind. Damon, your comment about your posts made me smile. Smile

A 440 Pro is two 220 Pros, there is no difference in the units themselves, just that the 'slave' does not come with a remote control. So if you wanted two 220 Pros it's probably cheaper to get the 440, split them and find a second remote somewhere.

It's not the same. Companion doesn't have network interface.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

I thought these days the master and companion were in fact identical (as @Laura said)?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK