Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old beginner
Why not go for a Roon Rock Server, fanless with SSDs which can be bought for less than £1,000. You can accompany this with a streaming service like Tidal or Qobuz which should provide you instantly with all the quality music you could ever desire while allowing you to transfer over your current library from your Unitiserve. I got fed up of NASs even when RAIDed as nothing survives a controller crashing which happened to me twice. Anyway, new master recordings are continually coming on the market place and are automatically available on the likes of Qobuz and Tidal.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
Whatever solution you pick I would consider something that works with Roon. It has really transformed my experience playing music.

For me it’s in a different league compared to everything else.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1