Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Optical Direct for Reactors
(10-May-2020, 21:20)MrSinister Wrote:
(10-May-2020, 17:40)njaiswal Wrote:
(09-May-2020, 11:59)MrSinister Wrote: I have a pair of 900 for testing at home. Also have the first gen Phantom silver. My wife likes the reactor better (smaller). Right now they are in direct mode with 2 RCA to jack cables, one for left and one for the right channel, connected tot a Yamaha wxc-50. This works perfect and is better useable for wife and daughter.
Hi!  Did you have to lower the volume on the reactors to prevent a hum/hiss coming from them when not playing?  When I setup mine without Dante I had an hum issue when their was no music playing and had to lower the volume on my reactors.
Yes I also have it, didn't notice it yet (my hearing is not that good anymore  Undecided
The static noise is also present in normal mode. If you turn the volume high on the rca input with a jack connected and no music playing hou can hear it.
(11-May-2020, 17:23)MrSinister Wrote:
(10-May-2020, 21:20)MrSinister Wrote:
(10-May-2020, 17:40)njaiswal Wrote: Hi!  Did you have to lower the volume on the reactors to prevent a hum/hiss coming from them when not playing?  When I setup mine without Dante I had an hum issue when their was no music playing and had to lower the volume on my reactors.
Yes I also have it, didn't notice it yet (my hearing is not that good anymore  Undecided
The static noise is also present in normal mode. If you turn the volume high on the rca input with a jack connected and no music playing hou can hear it.
Interesting... do you have an idea on how to eliminate it?  I've tried different cables and haven't had any success...
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
(12-May-2020, 15:29)njaiswal Wrote:
(11-May-2020, 17:23)MrSinister Wrote:
(10-May-2020, 21:20)MrSinister Wrote: Yes I also have it, didn't notice it yet (my hearing is not that good anymore  Undecided
Interesting... do you have an idea on how to eliminate it?  I've tried different cables and haven't had any success...
Perhaps it is noise from the preamp itself that is amplified bij the reactors because they are on 100% volume. I will try soms other sources and hear if it is different.
Hi,

I've tried the "Direct optical mode" in V2.10 with app 2.11

the default latency is 190ms, but can be lowered with APP DEVIALET Android with an Wifi router -> ethernet to reactor.
(No airplay, no bluetooth, but ETHERNET still work)
The app show, then 60ms, and the real latency is 54ms measured.
Withouts direct mode, 60ms displayed at minimum , 58ms measured.....

So Reactor , "Direct optical mode" is useless with 190ms default value, even if we lowered it at 54ms.....

Don't understand Devialet.....
IMAC -> MOTU 8A -> TOSLINK -> PHANTOM I RIGHT AUX OPTICAL INPUT-> ETHERNET CABLE between LEFT and RIGHT (60ms):  2X Phantom I 103 dB (2021) in STEREO MODE DOS 2.12.3 - app 1.14
Just tried a setup with analog to digital converter between my streamer and reactor. The noise is still present only not as loud.
(13-May-2020, 10:18)ofrappier Wrote: Hi,

I've tried the "Direct optical mode" in V2.10 with app 2.11

the default latency is 190ms, but can be lowered with APP DEVIALET Android with an Wifi router -> ethernet to reactor.
(No airplay, no bluetooth, but ETHERNET still work)
The app show, then 60ms, and the real latency is 54ms measured.
Withouts direct mode, 60ms displayed at minimum , 58ms measured.....

So Reactor , "Direct optical mode" is useless with 190ms default value, even if we lowered it at 54ms.....

Don't understand Devialet.....
I completely agree with you.  I scratch my head all the time when I think about the decisions Devialet has made.   

Thanks for sharing that ethernet still works.  I may end up running more cables and wire them up so I can manage them for updates, etc.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
Hi,

So if i understand correctly latency is still present at the moment?

I'm thinking of a simplification of my current mixed system and I think I found a way to do that in this thread .
if I split out the picture (to TV) and the sound (to Reactor) via optical, I should not have latency as the TV has no sound  Tongue
(18-May-2020, 04:44)donniemcm Wrote: Hi,

So if i understand correctly latency is still present at the moment?

I'm thinking of a simplification of my current mixed system and I think I found a way to do that in this thread .
if I split out the picture (to TV) and the sound (to Reactor) via optical, I should not have latency as the TV has no sound  Tongue

I think you are missing the picture (pun intended).

Your proposed setup will obscure latency between TV and Phantom sound but will not resolve the latency between TV picture and Phantom sound. Unless, of course, you are able to delay the TV picture.
Hi,  the active Audioacoustic A2 speakers have "Analog Audio outputs", do you think i could use it to connect a Reactor 900, as a center speaker , using a RCA to jack cables ?

Thank you for sharing your experiences
njaiswal Wrote:Reactor Custom Mode
* Mini-jack connection only (both Analog and Optical)
* Volume fixed to 100%
* Volume setting available on sensor buttons
* BT + Airplay disabled
* Hardware reset only (protected from Power cycling)

Step1: Factory Reset
— Plug-in your Reactor and wait for the LED light to turn white or green
— Long Press on the back button (10sec)
— LED should turn purple and produce a distinctive short sound
— After ~1mn LED will fade in White then turn solid Green

Step 2: Entering Custom mode
— Press simultaneously (+) and (-) top button for 10 seconds
— LED will blink White then turn Green again when you release
— Plug-in your mini-jack (optical or analog) to the back of Reactor within one minute
— LED will turn from Green to solid White
— Unplug Reactor for 10 seconds and plug it back
— That’s it! Reactor is ready in Custom Mode!

— You can check that the setup worked by pressing on the
Bluetooth logo on top of the speaker
—> The LED should not turn Blue

Hi,

I've just have Devialet support at Phone.
(great support/service)

This is not Optical Direct mode.... it's a Store mode, that's why latency is still high.

They are working on a update to add "optical direct" in next months.

Regards,

Olivier
IMAC -> MOTU 8A -> TOSLINK -> PHANTOM I RIGHT AUX OPTICAL INPUT-> ETHERNET CABLE between LEFT and RIGHT (60ms):  2X Phantom I 103 dB (2021) in STEREO MODE DOS 2.12.3 - app 1.14