Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optical Out aptx hd receiver
(26-Jul-2018, 20:14)Pwalder Wrote:
(26-Jul-2018, 14:20)Damon Killian Wrote:
(26-Jul-2018, 07:38)Pwalder Wrote: What is the standard Bluetooth protocol used by Phantom? Does it use BT APTX HD? If not, would this device improve sound quality?

Phantom only uses Apt X, which goes up to 16/48khz.  Optical fiber goes up to 24/48khz.  So you should see sound improvement with APTX HD that allows up to 24/48khz.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you. I’ve asked Devialet support for there take on this so it will be interesting to see their reply.

Got a reply from Dev Support but it simply confirmed that a phantom uses APTX. No comments provided regarding APTX HD.
(25-Jul-2018, 15:40)Damon Killian Wrote:
(25-Jul-2018, 07:58)Johnnydev Wrote:
(24-Jul-2018, 18:22)Damon Killian Wrote:  No I was not having any problems, just looking for better wireless connections without wifi.  I find using the Spark app painful as when the Phantom restarts in the middle of playing content everything resets.  If I am using the optical in then the music just resumes after the phantom restarts, although I still have to adjust the volume.  Little things like that become big things when it happens often.

Strange, i never have problems like that with the phantoms and spark.
Maybe you have problems with your WiFi and or ethernet?

Its not the network, because it happens also when I am only connected via optical or bluetooth.  It just randomly restarts.  However it seems only to happen once a session and that is only when I unplug it and plug it in a different location.  Then after about a couple of minutes of playing the phantom restarts.  After the restart it then plays without issue.

I have a pair of golds and experience the same issue after a reboot. I keep my units on a switched outlet to save power when not in use. After each power up, mine lose connectivity (1 time for each channel), output what I call a digital burp, and then come back online. I suspect they are trying really hard to use PLC, despite being on Ethernet, which should be more robust. I’ve asked support to make the connectivity method user controlled via Spark to resolve this once and for all, but nothing yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(28-Jul-2018, 11:08)Pwalder Wrote:
(26-Jul-2018, 20:14)Pwalder Wrote:
(26-Jul-2018, 14:20)Damon Killian Wrote: Phantom only uses Apt X, which goes up to 16/48khz.  Optical fiber goes up to 24/48khz.  So you should see sound improvement with APTX HD that allows up to 24/48khz.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you. I’ve asked Devialet support for there take on this so it will be interesting to see their reply.

Got a reply from Dev Support but it simply confirmed that a phantom uses APTX. No comments provided regarding APTX HD.
Hello !
I'am digging up this topic, as I am interested in taking the most of my phantom. Did you hear a noticable improvement thanks to APTX HD bluetooth receptor pluged in your phantom? or was it very difficult to notice any difference than when using the native bluetooth connection? I am using Deezer HIFI (FLAC 16 bits) with a LDAC compatible phone. But I am wondering if I could enhance the performance by adding this device in between and I can't find anyone who experienced it yet expect you, so your feedback would be highly helpful Wink  before spending another 100€ bill...
Thanks!
(18-Jan-2021, 17:27)clauuudy Wrote:
(28-Jul-2018, 11:08)Pwalder Wrote:
(26-Jul-2018, 20:14)Pwalder Wrote: Thank you. I’ve asked Devialet support for there take on this so it will be interesting to see their reply.

Hello !
I'am digging up this topic, as I am interested in taking the most of my phantom. Did you hear a noticable improvement thanks to APTX HD bluetooth receptor pluged in your phantom? or was it very difficult to notice any difference than when using the native bluetooth connection? I am using Deezer HIFI (FLAC 16 bits) with a LDAC compatible phone. But I am wondering if I could enhance the performance by adding this device in between and I can't find anyone who experienced it yet expect you, so your feedback would be highly helpful Wink  before spending another 100€ bill...
Thanks!

Here's probably a reply you don't want, but I can recommend a Chromecast Audio. As I understand the Deezer app can cast to Chromecast devices and you'll be able to stream up to 24/96 via the optical input on your Phantom. Another solution could be an UPnP app supporting Deezer, then you can get 24/192.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(26-Jul-2018, 14:20)Damon Killian Wrote:
(26-Jul-2018, 07:38)Pwalder Wrote: What is the standard Bluetooth protocol used by Phantom? Does it use BT APTX HD? If not, would this device improve sound quality?

Phantom only uses Apt X, which goes up to 16/48khz.  Optical fiber goes up to 24/48khz.  So you should see sound improvement with APTX HD that allows up to 24/48khz.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Well, Bluetooth is not a Hi-Fi standard at all. No chance to get anything like CD quality.
Stick to Upnp or buy Google Chromecast Audio and plug it in on optical input. Sounds fine, I have it. 
Consult this link for more info on BT: https://habr.com/en/post/456182/