Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Original d'Atelier register
(21-Jun-2020, 06:25)eualp Wrote: Hi, I own #008 from Singapore. Happy to chance on fellow owners of the OdA. A special shoutout to Tategoi and Jerry from Singapore! Recently noted one set of OdA on resale in SG, is that either of you?

I am very new into this forum and still navigating my way on this. Could I ask if any of you tried tube amps with your Devialet or is it even possible? Honesty, I love the OdA as a all in one system and the convenience. I stream a lot via TIDAL, but I wanted to experience more of audio via vinyl etc.... feel that I am missing out not fully experiencing it. I am toying whether a tube amp can compliment with the OdA versus having to change out entirely ie get a tube amp and preamp and DAC. That would cost quite a bit and the huge loss on the OdA. Any comments and sharing is much appreciated.

Hey eualp 

Welcome to the forum. I couldn’t find a reason to sell my OdA ? If you want a warmer sounds, you can tweak via the cabling as suggested. If you are like me spending over 90% of my listening to vinyls, you can  try different warmer-sounding cartridges. The OdA is perhaps the most transparent system I’ve ever own, I won’t put another equipment between the source and OdA. 
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(16-Jun-2016, 12:45)IanG-UK Wrote: With a free morning waiting for my central heating to be repaired, I trawled through the Od'A thread, and this one, to try to get as definitive a list as possible.

So here are the numbers, member names and locations, where known, and apologies for any errors:

001     on sale in Switzerland
006     Cosmosound - Cyprus
007     Tategoi - Singapore
008     on sale in Singapore
011     Pandemonium67 - France
022     Lauwemelk - Netherlands
027     Lauditorium - France (may be for sale)
028     Waikeywi - Hong Kong
038     Raykka - Hong Kong
044     F1eng - UK
046     PeppaPig - Australia
048     Swissbear - Switzerland
051     Cob917 - UK
053     Jon Oxford Audio - UK (now that's praise - a dealer who owns one with the number the same as his year of birth!)
054     IanG-UK - UK
056     Dbilling64 - UK
063     GuillaumeB - UK
064     M4gnus - Sweden
066     Zappydev - UK
072     Clause - Denmark
076     Raker - France
077     Jerry Seh - Singapore
080     Harwood - Hong Kong
082     Nicknick - Hong Kong
086     sold in Hong Kong
091     Frnch - Netherlands
097     Pim - Australia
099     sold in Hong Kong

A friend bought over Jerry's set. Updating the register:

077     Van - Singapore
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(14-Jul-2020, 21:26)IanG-UK Wrote: Here are the updated numbers, member names and locations, where known, and apologies for any errors:

008     Eualp - Singapore
044     F1eng - UK
051     Cob917 - UK
053     Jon Oxford Audio - UK (now that's praise - a dealer who owns one with the number the same as his year of birth!)
054     IanG-UK - UK
056     Dbilling64 - UK
063     GuillaumeB - UK
064     M4gnus - Sweden
066     Zappydev - UK
072     Clause - Denmark
076     Raker - France
097     Pim - Australia
I thought Guillaume sold his O d’A?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(15-Jul-2020, 09:07)Axel Wrote:
(14-Jul-2020, 21:26)IanG-UK Wrote: Here are the updated numbers, member names and locations, where known, and apologies for any errors:

044     F1eng - UK
051     Cob917 - UK
054     IanG-UK - UK
056     Dbilling64 - UK
063     GuillaumeB - UK
064     M4gnus - Sweden
066     Zappydev - UK
072     Clause - Denmark
076     Raker - France
097     Pim - Australia
I thought Guillaume sold his O d’A?

Absolutely right! Sold to user33 in the US back in early 2018.... 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(24-Jun-2020, 11:20)hardcore Wrote: Is your source digital? You might want to try a re-clocker (DDC) in front of the Devialet. The difference in sound can be pretty dramatic.

Also with cables, including the link cable between master & companion - the differences can be huge, also trying RCA-XLR vs RCA-RCA. In Singapore, I bought a handmade RCA-XLR converter from Coherence Audio at Adelphi (the shop with the MBLs). I just to test what the difference would be by using my existing RCA-RCA cable. It worked well, and I've stuck to using it ever since. Got a more 3D soundstage and more natural sounding highs.
Hi hardcore, yes I do digital mainly via Tidal. Sorry for my ignorance, what is a re-clocker DDC, any example? Interesting on the RCA-XLR for the master & companion. Will KIV that recommendation. Smile
Devialet Original d’Atelier | Acoustic-Signature WOW XXL/ TA 500/ AT33Sa | Cyrus CD 8 SE2 | Avantgarde DUO XD | AN SPe cable | 
(28-Jun-2020, 08:12)tategoi Wrote:
(21-Jun-2020, 06:25)eualp Wrote: Hi, I own #008 from Singapore. Happy to chance on fellow owners of the OdA. A special shoutout to Tategoi and Jerry from Singapore! Recently noted one set of OdA on resale in SG, is that either of you?

I am very new into this forum and still navigating my way on this. Could I ask if any of you tried tube amps with your Devialet or is it even possible? Honesty, I love the OdA as a all in one system and the convenience. I stream a lot via TIDAL, but I wanted to experience more of audio via vinyl etc.... feel that I am missing out not fully experiencing it. I am toying whether a tube amp can compliment with the OdA versus having to change out entirely ie get a tube amp and preamp and DAC. That would cost quite a bit and the huge loss on the OdA. Any comments and sharing is much appreciated.

Hey eualp 

Welcome to the forum. I couldn’t find a reason to sell my OdA ? If you want a warmer sounds, you can tweak via the cabling as suggested. If you are like me spending over 90% of my listening to vinyls, you can  try different warmer-sounding cartridges. The OdA is perhaps the most transparent system I’ve ever own, I won’t put another equipment between the source and OdA. 
 Thank you tategoi for your views. Smile
Devialet Original d’Atelier | Acoustic-Signature WOW XXL/ TA 500/ AT33Sa | Cyrus CD 8 SE2 | Avantgarde DUO XD | AN SPe cable | 
(20-Jul-2020, 08:05)eualp Wrote: Sorry for my ignorance, what is a re-clocker DDC, any example?

The Mutec MC3 +USB is a re-clocker. I also think the dCS Network Bridge does re-clocking. Both of these will give improved sound from your amplifier, however, all Devialet CI amps have a re-clocker built in so the improvement will not be as dramatic as some of the reviews of those devices indicate. But it is certainly an improvement.

Mutec also has a word clock generator, the Ref10. To go "all out" a Ref10 or a Ref10-120 will help, but since the O d'A does not have a word clock input one would not get full benefit from the Ref10. Still, there are several users of both Mutec and dCS here on the forum. Some also use word clocks like Ref10.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(20-Jul-2020, 08:05)eualp Wrote: Hi hardcore, yes I do digital mainly via Tidal. Sorry for my ignorance, what is a re-clocker DDC, any example? Interesting on the RCA-XLR for the master & companion. Will KIV that recommendation. Smile

DDC is generally a USB-to-AES/SPDIF converter, but the good ones have very good clocks inside and the Devialet (and almost all DACs) are affected by the clock and cleanliness of the input. You will also need some sort of PC or streaming device like a NUC running the music player, or a Roon device.

Since you're in Singapore there is the newly announced Denafrips Gaia which is hotly anticipated but I haven't seen any real reviews yet. There are also good Chinese made ones like the Singxer SU-6 (I use one) and the Audio-Gd DI20.

Alternatively, there are high end streamers with good clocks inside like the dCS Network Bridge, which would output AES/SPDIF to the Devialet.

If you're interested, it's best to try it in your system to see if it is better or worse. The built in CI streamer in the Devialet is already really good and an external streamer might not sound better.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC
Here are the updated numbers, member names and locations, where known, and apologies for any errors:

001     001 -Switzerland
044     F1eng - UK
051     Greg0204 - ?
054     IanG-UK - UK
055     PFBTG - UK
056     Dbilling64 - UK
063     User33 - ?
064     M4gnus - Sweden
066     Zappydev - UK
072     Clause - Denmark
076     Raker - France
097     Pim - Australia
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(12-Mar-2018, 12:20)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(10-Mar-2018, 16:56)Confused Wrote: Maybe you need to change your username to user63?

Yes!!  Big Grin

Guillaume

Ok, after some time of testing the Oda, I'm ready to make the change to user63!  I needed to be sure before making the commitment.  Not sure how to change it though?
Od’A #63, Kef Blade 2