Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Original d'Atelier register
(12-Apr-2021, 18:35)Zappydev Wrote: Yes, that is correct. I’ve had mine since 2016, and the CI upgrade for at least 2 years (it was always a free upgrade for all Od’A owners). Somewhere along the way, it went from 900 wpc to 1,000 wpc. I can’t actually remember if that was with the CI or via an earlier firmware update. Either way, it sounds wonderful, and has been totally reliable so far. I hope that doesn’t jinx it.
900 -> 1000 was an earlier free update.

Skickat från min SM-N986B via Tapatalk
Original d’Atelier #64    MBL 101 E MKII    Focal Clear    McIntosh MHA 150    Phantom Gold x 2
roon
Sweden
I did notice the ODA remains fairly hot when put on standby, with the companion being hotter than the master. I did read elsewhere in this forum that this is a known issue with Devialet Expert standby. Does anybody have the same situation?
Is it ok to turn off the mains power every day when the amp is not in use or is it better to keep it in standby?
(05-May-2021, 18:22)Greg0204 Wrote: I did notice the ODA remains fairly hot when put on standby, with the companion being hotter than the master. I did read elsewhere in this forum that this is a known issue with Devialet Expert standby. Does anybody have the same situation?
Is it ok to turn off the mains power every day when the amp is not in use or is it better to keep it in standby?

My ODA has the same temperature issue, companion is 10 degrees higher than master.

But after I sent it back to pairs for the 1000 Pro upgrade, the issue disappeared.

I don’t think expert has a known temperature issue, the quality is rock solid, but there may be some lemon.. very rare…
(05-May-2021, 18:22)Greg0204 Wrote: I did notice the ODA remains fairly hot when put on standby, with the companion being hotter than the master. I did read elsewhere in this forum that this is a known issue with Devialet Expert standby. Does anybody have the same situation?

Do you have a trigger cable between the two units?

Without one, the slave cannot enter as deep a standby state as the master since it needs to sense the input on its digital connection with the master. 

This is a known situation which is addressed by having a trigger cable between the two units. If you do so, then both units can enter the same deep standby state because the master will use the trigger to wake up the slave. 

My two cents,

Jean-Marie

PS In addition to the cable, trigger out on the master and trigger in on the slave need to be configured on the units via the configurator.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
O d’A #64 sold. Now for sale at the dealer I bought it from in Stockholm. Replaced by Apurna Soprano monoblocks. Still a Devialet owner with two Phantom gold.
(08-Dec-2021, 22:27)m4gnus Wrote: O d’A #64 sold. Now for sale at the dealer I bought it from in Stockholm. Replaced by Apurna Soprano monoblocks. Still a Devialet owner with two Phantom gold.

I have number 55 in London.
(14-Jan-2022, 13:07)PFBTG Wrote:
(08-Dec-2021, 22:27)m4gnus Wrote: O d’A #64 sold. Now for sale at the dealer I bought it from in Stockholm. Replaced by Apurna Soprano monoblocks. Still a Devialet owner with two Phantom gold.

Congratulations and welcome to the forum @PFBTG.

Did you get yours upgraded to 1000 Pro or is it still original? I sometimes feel I should have left it as it was.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(14-Jan-2022, 21:11)Pim Wrote:
(14-Jan-2022, 13:07)PFBTG Wrote:

Congratulations and welcome to the forum @PFBTG.

Did you get yours upgraded to 1000 Pro or is it still original? I sometimes feel I should have left it as it was.

Thanks.

It is upgraded to 1000 Pro and I'm very happy with the outcome.
Just out of interest; is there anyone out there who still has an original 'Original'?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(19-Jan-2022, 06:01)Pim Wrote: Just out of interest; is there anyone out there who still has an original 'Original'?

Before upgrade??

Mine has upgraded to 1000Pro internals… why?