Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC Connection Questions
You've done everything right, I think. I've also had this problem with the AIR app.

Try re-opening the AIR app via the status bar at the bottom of the screen. Click on "settings". You should have the option of clicking on "MY DEVIALET-ETH". The you can select "always stream to it automatically".

Should work.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(04-Aug-2014, 22:00)Jwg1749 Wrote: You've done everything right, I think. I've also had this problem with the AIR app.

Try re-opening the AIR app via the status bar at the bottom of the screen. Click on "settings". You should have the option of clicking on "MY DEVIALET-ETH". The you can select "always stream to it automatically".

Should work.

Matt

Negative matt Huh When I click the bottom's icon it's only show this when click on "settings":

[Image: DevSettings_zps8da7c6b7.jpg]

I have just downloaded and installed last firmware (7.1.1) but still no success. There must be something I'm doing wrong Sad
Hmm, the AIR app isn't seeing your Devialet. In the left-hand window you should be seeing "MY DEVIALET-ETH". I'm sure you've checked your ethernet connections, but no harm in checking them again.

Also try changing both the settings in the right-hand window to "on".

I'm afraid I have to go to bed soon, but I'll be back online in the morning.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
London
Ok guys, I have tried something different.

I have connected DIRECTLY the Dev and my PC using another Ethernet port my motherboard had available.

Have configured the new Subnet following the steps on this tutorial by Rufus:
http://devialetchat.com/Thread-Direct-co...rnet-Cable

PC is 192.168.100.1
Dev is 192.168.100.2 pinged and respond.
Mask is 255.255.255.0

It wont let me set the gateway to 192.168.100.1 Dont know why.

Still no connection. I dont know what to try next, can anyone help pls?
I'm afraid networking is something I've never tried to understand.

You could PM one of the members who know about this.

Matt

London
Hi

Did you try using the router with DHCP?

IP address issues can be difficult to track down on devices that aren't PCs. I know the IP you have looks clear but something else might be using it. Your router should automatically allocate a free IP address.

You're obviously not having that problem with the direct connection but may be introducing another one.

Might be worth trying as it is a more common setup and there might be more people then able to help.

Regards

Chris
I'd start simple, configure the Devialet to use DHCP and connect it to your router or a switch connected to the switch in the router. Of course these have to be part of the same network your PC running AIR is part of.

First make sure the Devialet answers to pings like you did. If it does network technically it should be OK.

If AIR still doesn't see the Devialet make sure the firewall on your PC is not blocking the traffic. You could temporarily disable the firewall to make sure. If you have a spare ethernet cable lying around try it with that one as well.

If it still doesn't work try using a different PC or laptop and connect it directly to the Devialet. You'd have to assign a fixed IP to the Devialet first of course and give the PC a fixed IP as well in the same subnet like you did using the 192.168.100 network.

If it is still not working and has never worked before I would contact Devialet. Maybe there's something wrong with the Devialet.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(06-Aug-2014, 02:40)Krorghar Wrote: Ok guys, I have tried something different.

I have connected DIRECTLY the Dev and my PC using another Ethernet port my motherboard had available.

Have configured the new Subnet following the steps on this tutorial by Rufus:
http://devialetchat.com/Thread-Direct-co...rnet-Cable

PC is 192.168.100.1
Dev is 192.168.100.2 pinged and respond.
Mask is 255.255.255.0

It wont let me set the gateway to 192.168.100.1 Dont know why.

Still no connection. I dont know what to try next, can anyone help pls?

Can I suggest you start by disabling (temporarily) your firewall ? The Devialet is sending a stream of 'Hello, here I am'-packets. If the AIR-client cannot see those packets, you have a problem. It all depends on what you said when Windows asked you if 192.168.x.x was a private or a public network. If you said is was a private network, everything should work, if you said it was a public network, the firewall will block all incoming packets.

To de disable the firewall in Windows 8, do 'search'. Type 'command' and enter : you will now see the command prompt. Do a right-click and select 'Run as an administrator'. In the command prompt, type 'netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state off' and enter. This should do the trick. Remember to turn on the firewall afterwards.
In Windows 7 : do start - administrative tools - command prompt - right click - run as administrator etc.

Success and please give some feedback ! This is one we could add to the FAQ.
Will try guys, but I have just received my Rega RP10 and I'm actually in the process of rediscovering vinyls. Will keep you informed
(08-Aug-2014, 20:13)Krorghar Wrote: Will try guys, but I have just received my Rega RP10 and I'm actually in the process of rediscovering vinyls. Will keep you informed
That's a beautiful turntable. Enjoy!
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands