Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Era Communication with devialet
I today canceled my order for a pair for devialet silver phantoms and a dialogue which were supposed to be shipped today. Now the devialet support has to request a management opinion when it will be shipped in february. 
This all reminds me in the original Windows Vista story .....

I am really a long term supporter for Devialet und I am still happy with my D800 combo, but the over exaggerating phantom campaign with a non finished product with changing specifiaction is something I will not longer support. 

With me they already started to ruin the brand name significantly.
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(16-Feb-2015, 10:38)Mka Wrote: I today canceled my order for a pair for devialet silver phantoms and a dialogue which were supposed to be shipped today. Now the devialet support has to request a management opinion when it will be shipped in february. 
This all reminds me in the original Windows Vista story .....

I am really a long term supporter for Devialet und I am still happy with my D800 combo, but the over exaggerating phantom campaign with a non finished product with changing specifiaction is something I will not longer support. 

With me they already started to ruin the brand name significantly.

I agree with you about the reputation. IMO they started being overloaded quite some time ago. The best most stable Devialet I have had was a pair of D-Premiers. I wish I could remember the issue number of the firmware then. It has been worse ever since then, in one way or another.
I have an order for Silver Phantoms and Dialog too. The last date I received was delivery "after 16th February". I don't know if this is a side effect of the translation from French, but next Christmas is after the 16th February. I am hoping for news on mine some time this week.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(16-Feb-2015, 17:16)f1eng Wrote: The best most stable Devialet I have had was a pair of D-Premiers. I wish I could remember the issue number of the firmware then. It has been worse ever since then, in one way or another.
Maybe it was the 5.7.3 firmware? I liked this very much with my D-Premier. None of the 6.x sounded good to me. Too much treble emphasis. 7.1.1 is quite good on the 250, but still a bit on the bright side of neutral for my taste. I do not think 5.7.3 is compatible with the new hardware, but it is still available for download at the web site of Devialet as the only one from the 'old' series
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(16-Feb-2015, 19:08)ogs Wrote:
(16-Feb-2015, 17:16)f1eng Wrote: The best most stable Devialet I have had was a pair of D-Premiers. I wish I could remember the issue number of the firmware then. It has been worse ever since then, in one way or another.
Maybe it was the 5.7.3 firmware? I liked this very much with my D-Premier. None of the 6.x sounded good to me. Too much treble emphasis. 7.1.1 is quite good on the 250, but still a bit on the bright side of neutral for my taste. I do not think 5.7.3 is compatible with the new hardware, but it is still available for download at the web site of Devialet as the only one from the 'old' series

It probably was 5.7.3.
I regret updating from D-Premier to 800 since it was a poor value for money update. The only thing "better" in the latest firmware is the amp runs a touch cooler, if that really is better.
Devialet have definitely not improved in any way effecting me for at about 18 months, it seems.
The stereo image of my system is not as well defined as it was back then. Even my relatively inexpensive Job Pre2/225 is better than the latest Devialet firmware in this respect though not as good as the D-Premiers were, or my Goldmund Mimesis 22/29.4s.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(16-Feb-2015, 19:38)f1eng Wrote: It probably was 5.7.3.
I regret updating from D-Premier to 800 since it was a poor value for money update. The only thing "better" in the latest firmware is the amp runs a touch cooler, if that really is better.
Devialet have definitely not improved in any way effecting me for at about 18 months, it seems.
The stereo image of my system is not as well defined as it was back then. Even my relatively inexpensive Job Pre2/225 is better than the latest Devialet firmware in this respect though not as good as the D-Premiers were, or my Goldmund Mimesis 22/29.4s.

Oh that is sad to hear. I've noticed you mention this before, but I assumed you got it sorted. It took almost 6 moths for my 250 to settle after the upgrade. Let us hope the next firmware is more like the 5.7.3 then.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
For anyone who has had difficulty redeeming their Amazon €20 voucher (like me), just be aware that the voucher is only valid on www.amazon.fr
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
Well i am still hopeful that Devialet will release a firmware version 8.x around Munich Show that will fix all issues we are suffering from one way or another.

i believe this is the least Devialet should do to its loyal "Expert" customer base
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(19-Feb-2015, 18:47)amabrok Wrote: Well i am still hopeful that Devialet will release a firmware version 8.x around Munich Show that will fix all issues we are suffering from one way or another.

i believe this is the least Devialet should do to its loyal "Expert" customer base

You are quite right. They should. Will they? If Spark is not bug free (Android Spark has had an update already) I am not convinced the eventual availability of the first Phantoms will free up much software resource.
Oxfordshire