Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Gold playing continuously
Hi

I'm just wondering if the speaker (Phantom Gold) is used continuously, how long can playing music before rest power off or sleep mode ?

Example : what happening if i'm playing music 3 days (72 hours) continuously , not sleep, not rest with high volume ? Phantom Gold will hot for sure but it's maybe crash ? LOL

Sorry my english bad.
I don't think there are restrictions on how long you can play music .
maybe you can try and tell us (I'm joking)
(23-Aug-2017, 04:38)djhoangwar Wrote: Hi

I'm just wondering if the speaker (Phantom Gold) is used continuously, how long can playing music before rest power off or sleep mode ?

Example : what happening if i'm playing music 3 days (72 hours) continuously , not sleep, not rest with high volume ? Phantom Gold will hot for sure but it's maybe crash ? LOL

Sorry my english bad.

Apparently Devaliet has been playing a Phantom at full power in the basement of their shop (in Paris?) continuously for at least 9 months, without any problems or down time.  My dealer visited the place and said that he could hear it in the street outside the building.
Phantom can play for as long as you want, it has zero possibility of being damaged from continuous use.

I play mine over night every night as it’s really relaxing to fall asleep to.

Devialet also have (since the original Phantom in 2015) 100 Phantoms playing non-stop at 100% volume in a sound proofed testing chamber at their HQ. To this day I believe none have failed.

They used to only have Silvers and Whites there but now it’s changed out to 100 Golds.

This is how they get their quality assurance for many things.

If your Phantom ever did get too hot or begin to sense damage it would limit itself ever so slightly to continue to play for you without damaging itself. Usually this limit is towards the woofers as they heat up the most. The volume won’t go down. But the power may. But this is EXTREMELY rare cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
quite intruiguing how they have been playing 100 phantoms since 2015 at 100% volume could you please tell me where u have found this information??