Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Silver Isuue
Hi All

I've just bought a pair Silver Phantoms, I've got them set up as a stereo pair.

It all works fine for a couple of hours, but then the left channel speaker drops off my network  Huh

It appears to happen intermittently too...

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks
You must be new around these parts.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(11-Nov-2015, 13:11)Dazed and Confused Wrote: Hi All

I've just bought a pair Silver Phantoms, I've got them set up as a stereo pair.

It all works fine for a couple of hours, but then the left channel speaker drops off my network  Huh

It appears to happen intermittently too...

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks
Completely normal. Try connecting everything with ethernet cables. Worked for me.
The Phantom is aptly named; one minute you have sound, the next it's gone Sad I have two Silver Phantoms also and still have this problem with the very latest firmware installed. I think we have all inadvertently signed up to be beta testers Sad
I am going to try wiring the entire installation (2 Phantoms + Dialog) back to a Network switch avoiding WIFI to see if that fixes my particular issue and will report back.
Thanks for your input guys, I'll try hard wiring them and see how I get on.....
(11-Nov-2015, 14:26)Dazed and Confused Wrote: Thanks for your input guys, I'll try hard wiring them and see how I get on.....

Hi mate

If you dont want to hard wire them (I am trying to avoid at all costs because the freedom of placement was a major selling point for me)........then add a dedicated router in between your main router and the Dialogue

I am testing this at the moment and it seems to have stopped all cut outs thus far

Devialet actually reccomend this (in very small print Wink) using an Apple Aiport set to transmit over ethernet to the Dialogue

Hoep it helps avoid some of the pain and confusion I have been through Smile
(11-Nov-2015, 14:52)Jamington2004 Wrote:
(11-Nov-2015, 14:26)Dazed and Confused Wrote: Thanks for your input guys, I'll try hard wiring them and see how I get on.....

Hi mate

If you dont want to hard wire them (I am trying to avoid at all costs because the freedom of placement was a major selling point for me)........then add a dedicated router in between your main router and the Dialogue

I am testing this at the moment and it seems to have stopped all cut outs thus far

Devialet actually reccomend this (in very small print Wink) using an Apple Aiport set to transmit over ethernet to the Dialogue

Devialet's description is not about an additional router. It is about the only router in the network and Devialet thinks Apple Airport is a good device. That's all. Don't install a second router. It makes it just more complex.

Don't get dazed and confused. Use Ethernet cables for Dialog and Phantoms and maybe install a dedicated 1 Gigabit switch for them.
(11-Nov-2015, 16:00)karebe Wrote:
(11-Nov-2015, 14:52)Jamington2004 Wrote:

Hi mate

Devialet's description is not about an additional router. It is about the only router in the network and Devialet thinks Apple Airport is a good device. That's all. Don't install a second router. It makes it just more complex.

Don't get dazed and confused. Use Ethernet cables for Dialog and Phantoms and maybe install a dedicated 1 Gigabit switch for them.
Only the dialog using ethernet is enough and sounds the best overhere
I thought this is the current config of Dazed and Confused Phantoms. Having only Dialog Ethernet connected. And he has trouble with it.

If only Dialog is using Ethernet then Dialog and Phantoms are best located in one common room. Otherwise the internal WiFi can loose its connections.