Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom and playing CD's
Maybe a stupid question... I am thinking about the possibility to replace my main system with two Phantoms. Will it be possible to play CD's via the Phantom. Do I need a streamer?
Devialet 220pro - Sonus Faber Olympica II - Moon Neo 260D - Oppo BDP103 - Lessloss DFPC Signature - Lessloss Firewall - Intel NUC - AQ USB Coffee

The Netherlands
You can connect your CDP if it has Toslink/Optical output support. Otherwise, you will need to digitize them and store them on a PC or NAS and stream them.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
Not familiar with your players but I'd say it would be no problem. If you get an audition Arjan I would like to hear your comparisons with your set up. Still trying to get time to go and audition the phantoms myself will be comparing with the D200
You have an optical output so shouldn't be a problem - see pic below.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Ok Thanks for the info. Will keep you posted.
Devialet 220pro - Sonus Faber Olympica II - Moon Neo 260D - Oppo BDP103 - Lessloss DFPC Signature - Lessloss Firewall - Intel NUC - AQ USB Coffee

The Netherlands
I'm thinking of taking this route too, converting from D200/KEF LS50 to two Silvers. Save space and cabling, and money, of course.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier