Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom firmware update to DOS 1.14.0.18
So devialet have p****d off all Silver owners by not giving them any upgrade benefits. Their marketing dept is really pants.
Who knows what more is to come? I don't believe the Silver Phantom has deteriorated because of the White power upgrade. Stability improvements has benefited all Phantoms, and the Silver still has over twice the power of the White.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
If they upgraded the Phantoms then it's possible the Silvers can be updated too. It's cool that an upgrade like this is even possible. Nice surprise for Phantom owners.
obviously cant do an A/B test but cranking some test tunes my untrained ears think they hear a better sound, definitely more volume, and more "air-iness".  A nice surprise, and even if it is a placebo effect, i'll take it
I’ve noticed a considerable difference in wideness, bass output at high volumes, and actual loudness. I’m blown away.

Bass drops off way less at 75% and over. And a low 20-25Hz range is not overpowered by the rest of the mix now at higher volumes. I can easily play at 85-100% volume and actually hear the low end properly. I believe it still slightly drops off due to limits of the drivers themselves and excursion. But it’s much better than it was.

The soundstage is wider. I can notice it right away. I’m using a single White Phantom. So any difference to that wideness is noticed.

I’m pretty blown away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
Just did my third factory reset. First two outings were buggy AF with Tidal. Playlists dropped, stereo dropping. Third time seems stable so far, fingers crossed it sticks.

Third reset, Tidal play queue vanishes.

I don't think this is related at all to phantom, so why a factory reset should help?
4 x Gold Phantom via LAN, 2 x Silver Phantom via LAN, Dialog, Remote, Tidal HiFi (Masters/MQA), Bluesound node II (TOS-link to Dialog, MQA), Roon (Mac)
(02-Nov-2017, 06:51)Taucher669 Wrote: I don't think this is related at all to phantom, so why a factory reset should help?

Yes that’s correct. All Phantoms will receive the firmware but the performance improvement will only apply to White Phantom. Silver is still 2.5x as powerful as White Phantom. And now White Phantom is where it should have been all along.

Other Phantoms will benefit from this release with improved AirPlay stability and improved Wi-Fi connection and pairing.

AirPlay 2 release early 2018.

Devialet Phantom (White)
(02-Nov-2017, 06:51)Taucher669 Wrote: I don't think this is related at all to phantom, so why a factory reset should help?

Because every time I have a problem with streaming (which invariably occurs after a firmware update), this is the first thing Devialet customer service tells me to do. I'm not sure how or why it works, but sometimes after the third or fourth reset, the streaming glitches go away. As was the case with this recent update. The fourth time was the charm, and now it's working. Why? No idea. You tell me.