Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom firmware update to DOS 1.14.0.18
Just updated, but no visible difference observed, yet. Optical input on my Dialog is still unable to play higher than 24/96k. Sad
No release note yet. Wonder what the update contains.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(30-Oct-2017, 19:10)streamy Wrote: Just updated, but no visible difference observed, yet. Optical input on my Dialog is still unable to play higher than 24/96k. Sad

Same here.
I’m not upgrading until they publish the release notes.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
I noticed that a bug affecting volume control via AirPlay (I noticed it with Roon which was unable to change the Phantom volume, you could move the slider but is just "snapped" back) seems to have been fixed.
The update changes the Phantom from 750W to 1200W and from 99db to 101db by firmware update. Anyone noticed the difference?
AirPlay 2 support maybe ? This might explain why they didn’t published the change log because they might have some kind of NDA with Apple ?

If someone have an Gold Phantom up to date and a device with iOS 11.2 that add the support of HomePod(and Airplay 2) I think they might be able to know.
(30-Oct-2017, 22:04)WarrenB Wrote: The update changes the Phantom from 750W to 1200W and from 99db to 101db by firmware update. Anyone noticed the difference?

How do you know that ? At the time I wrote this there is no documentation available about the update...
Hi,
I've just updated my Gold Phantoms. Here's a response:

1)
Don't know what it is, but they sound way bigger, better and more powerfull.

To be honest I think, they have lacked bass-tone during the last update-period. 

The new update could be on behalf of the clarity (to some hifi-disciples irritation)... but I actually think they sound better and more impressing. 

Using Tidal+Spark. 

When using Spotify Connect they sound even more bass'y. But Cleaner with the better solution fra Tidal.

2)
There has been an Devialet-acknowledged problem with Airplay and certain recording/frequencies. There's a thread about in this Forum.

It i slightly better now but not solved. 

Test:
Try and listen to f.i. Bachs Goldberg Variations,  Glenn Goulds remastered recording and you will hear some digital-flaws and noises when using Airplay.
The same goes for nearly all pianomusic and lots of other recordings. 
https://open.spotify.com/track/5bu9A6uphPWg39RC3ZKeku

Let me hear your response.

Kind regards
Kim
Denmark
(31-Oct-2017, 00:13)mak972 Wrote:
(30-Oct-2017, 22:04)WarrenB Wrote: The update changes the Phantom from 750W to 1200W and from 99db to 101db by firmware update. Anyone noticed the difference?

How do you know that ? At the time I wrote this there is no documentation available about the update...

This is written in the email I got from Devialet.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana