Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power up a subwoofer when power up D200
Hi, I'm trying to figure out a way to power up my sub when I power up my D200. I've tried to use a trigger cable from D200 trigger input to my sub trigger input, and also checked "trigger out" on all audio inputs, plus wifi, Ethernet, and it didn't work. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?
Dare to learn!
[Mac Mini => Devialet 200 => Elac FS 509 VX JET]
Is the "D200 trigger output" turned on in your configuration
D200, Magico S1's, Antipodes DX
My d premier and 250 triggers
Well, all my signal inputs (Ethernet, Lines, opticals, WiFi) have the option "Trigger out" checked. But I also checked "Trigger in" Input (the rightmost down input on Devialet's back). I'll unckeck this input, to see if it will work as "Trigger Out".
Dare to learn!
It didn't work at all. I've tried with the "Trigger in" input checked and unchecked and my subwoofer remained silent. Either I'm doing something very wrong or it's a bug.
Dare to learn!
Recommend checking that you are using the right type of cable/connector. I believe there is a KB Document on the Devialet site.
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
(07-Dec-2015, 12:46)no32 Wrote: My d premier and 250 triggers

(08-Dec-2015, 11:02)baconbrain Wrote: Recommend checking that you are using the right type of cable/connector. I believe there is a KB Document on the Devialet site.

Yes, I've read the documentation yesterday and noticed that Devialet uses a trigger cable with P2 "stereo" plugs:

[Image: 062-9002.jpg]

I think it's the only equipment in the world that uses this. All other use P2 "mono" plugs, because they have two inputs, one for "trigger in" and other for "trigger out":

[Image: 916%20-%20Adaptador%20plug%20P2%20mono%2...20x120.gif]

And above all that, my sub expects 12V between ground (the largest portion, near the black cover) and the tip of the plug, and the Devialet 200 sends 12V between the middle part and the ground. I've tested with a multimeter. I'll have to make a special cable with the middle and the tip exchanged on one side to see if it works.
Dare to learn!
Well, it worked. I've made a special cable, with a P2 mono on subwoofer's side and P2 stereo on Devialet 200's side.

The tip of subwoofer's plug is connected to the middle of Devialet's plug.
The bottom of subwoofer's plug is connected to the bottom of Devialet's plug.
And the tip of Devialet's plug is not used.

And now, when I power up my D200, after it finishes its initialization, then my subwoofer is powered up.
Dare to learn!
Glad to hear. The plug also gave me some problems.
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
This is the cable I've made.

[Image: 37f4477c683a30ae061762af5357cf8e_zpsv7ma8cqd.jpg]
Dare to learn!