Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with the forum time
test
Hi - yes there has been a problem. Looks temporary but appears to have re-ordered some comments (at least), hence my 'test' one above your comment!
Think the problem is still there
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(16-Sep-2015, 18:47)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Hi - yes there has been a problem. Looks temporary but appears to have re-ordered some comments (at least), hence my 'test' one above your comment!

Running backwards, the forum is.
This board seems to think GMT is 21:05 when in fact it is actually 13:05 (14:05 BST here in the UK). In my profile options, the time zones offered show the wrong GMT as above. This results in it saying I posted something 8 hours ago just after posting it! Am I missing a time zone setting somewhere?
Hello all,

I think I've got the bottom of the issues that people have been seeing on the forum over the past few days. It was due to the hosting providers moving everything over to a newer (supposedly faster...!) server.

When they made the switch they used a 2 day old snapshot and then tried to synchronise any changes following that once everything had been moved. In our case it has caused many problems but we should now be on the straight and narrow.

They also failed to set the server date/time correctly initially which did not help and confused the forum even more.

Any questions let me know.

Martyn
Hi I am still having this problem. posts appearing in random order and with incorrect times on them.
Also when I post a reply it says I have to wait to post a reply. Try again in 7800 seconds is the banner I get.
Anyone else having difficulty?
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I was having exactly that issue last week when the forum arbitrarily assigned one of my post/pics to another poster here which he deleted along with another post he actually did make thinking it would help. He and that post have been MIA ever since he PM'd me about it.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!