Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about d 200 subwoofer output
Ian / Antoine

Thanks for all the advice above.

Now I get it, so if Sub pre-out is selected in my General Settings  then it will use my Sub-Pre-out On settings (4th Order Filter), and if no sub pre-out in General settings will leave my main speakers full range (I changed back to this in my configurator).

Makes perfect sense now, but at the time I couldn’t see that (woods and trees comes to mind).

One other question, do you think it’s worth going mono or stereo sub-out. My Sub1 has stereo RCA inputs so wondering if this is a better option. I realise this only works if I use the AES input for my chain link from Master to Slave, but I have a new RCA to AES digital cable on the way (hopefully here next week). I've got some cheap 5m RCA interconnects I currently use for the Sub1, but not sure if it's really worth spending much money on the cables (didn't think subs were affected as much as normal components).

Regarding my Paradigm Sub1 Line-Level Input Sensitivity it mentions 100mV mono in the specs, so how does this transpose into Vrms noted in the configurator.

Cheers
John
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Hi, I wrote a blog article on the sub output functionality of the Devialet amps because it is cool and needed more publicity! Hope it helps.

http://www.acousticfrontiers.com/deviale...crossover/
President, Acoustic Frontiers LLC. 

Currently enjoying the music on a Devialet 200 driving a lovely pair of ATC SCM50SL crossed over at 80Hz to a JL Audio F110v2. Music sourced from an Aurender N100H, everything fed from a Torus Power RM15 and connected with Wireworld cabling.
Nyal

Thanks for the link.

Which do you find best for running a single sub; mono or stereo output (my Sub1 can take Stereo RCA's).

Also not sure what figure to put in the configurator for 'Relative Level', as it's in Vrms, and Paradigm input sensitivity is 100mV.

Cheers
John
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Thanks for the info, very useful. Have been to the advanced configurator before but could not find this option. Checked it out again and found it. The rca digital inputs can be configurated as subout with delay, level xo frequency and slope. Thats great. Will go and buy the unit this week.

One last question, is it possible to apply some eq to the subout and how?
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
(25-Feb-2016, 10:55)Celts88 Wrote: Nyal

Thanks for the link.

Which do you find best for running a single sub; mono or stereo output (my Sub1 can take Stereo RCA's).

Also not sure what figure to put in the configurator for 'Relative Level', as it's in Vrms, and Paradigm input sensitivity is 100mV.

Cheers
John

Someone once reported a very big improvement using the stereo pre-out to sub, as in clearly more bass. After that I've tried it as well but I couldn't hear or measure any difference compared to a mono out. I guess he screwed up some setting or his sub works different than mine. Since I was lazy and had already bought and connected the long subwoofer interlink I'm still playing like this but at least in my situation it isn't necessary or beneficial.

I think it's best to experiment a little with the output voltage. Since the input sensitivity of the Paradigm is quite high I'd lower the voltage setting in the Devialet config. Perhaps start with 1.0V or 0.5V. This way your sub amp won't have to work as hard. In theory an output voltage of 0.2V would be ideal but if it's ideal in practice as well is hard to tell since your sub probably has volume control as well.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(05-Mar-2016, 16:34)Antoine Wrote:
(25-Feb-2016, 10:55)Celts88 Wrote: Nyal

Thanks for the link.

Cheers
John

Someone once reported a very big improvement using the stereo pre-out to sub, as in clearly more bass. After that I've tried it as well but I couldn't hear or measure any difference compared to a mono out. I guess he screwed up some setting or his sub works different than mine. Since I was lazy and had already bought and connected the long subwoofer interlink I'm still playing like this but at least in my situation it isn't necessary or beneficial.

I think it's best to experiment a little with the output voltage. Since the input sensitivity of the Paradigm is quite high I'd lower the voltage setting in the Devialet config. Perhaps start with 1.0V or 0.5V. This way your sub amp won't have to work as hard. In theory an output voltage of 0.2V would be ideal but if it's ideal in practice as well is hard to tell since your sub probably has volume control as well.

Antoine

Thanks for the reply.

I'm in Sydney at the moment on a wee holiday with my Mum (she's over on holiday form Scotland at the moment). When I get back to Perth next week I'll give it a try.

Yes, my Sub1 has volume control, etc. (I've attached a photo of the rear panel fyi, not my actual sub, but gives you an idea of what it has)

Cheers
John

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Australia (Perth)
Good luck John! I see I made a typo, and meant 0.1V (=100mV) not 0.2V. You could also ask Paradigm for advice of course if you can't seem to get it right/optimal or just general advice. They of course know the amp inside their sub best and know in what range it'll work optimally.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Problem similar to thumb5 above- ever since getting my 220 Pro back from CI upgrade, I CANNOT get pre-out "ON" by default when expert pro turned on. Always starts up with pre out "OFF" and I need to manually turn on pre out using remote. Any suggestions- also waiting to hear from Devialet-sent in issue 3 days ago