Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROON 1.1 Build 88 Goes Live!
You would need a computer to act as Roon server. You can then use the same computer to browse, select and play all your music files stored in the same computer, on your NAS, and/or your USB drives. And with a Tidal account, you can play all Tidal music, too. As for Aries as a RoonSpeaker, I have yet to figure out how that works.

I would like to correct on Hfiswlon's statement that Roon actually play all music files up to 24/192 and even DSD/DSF format.

I find Roon's UI and its metadata capability very fun to use and make me want to listen to more music and rediscover or discovering my music.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

BTW, you can also install a Roon Remote program/app on another computer or iPad or Android tablet to remote control your Roon server.

Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(09-Sep-2015, 14:05)hk6230 Wrote: I would like to correct on Hfiswlon's statement that Roon actually play all music files up to 24/192 and even DSD/DSF format.

Roon can, but using it with an Aries as an endpoint can only be achieved via Airplay (currently), which is limited to 44.1 and Roon will down-sample in that case… Well, that's what I gather from their forum.

Apologies for the ambiguity.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(09-Sep-2015, 14:13)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(09-Sep-2015, 14:05)hk6230 Wrote: I would like to correct on Hfiswlon's statement that Roon actually play all music files up to 24/192 and even DSD/DSF format.

Roon can, but using it with an Aries as an endpoint can only be achieved via Airplay (currently), which is limited to 44.1 and Roon will down-sample in that case… Well, that's what I gather from their forum.

Apologies for the ambiguity.

Ah, I see. I think I'm starting to get a hint on how RoonSpeakers will work in the future.

I use JRiver on my Mac with my iPad as a remote for JRiver.  Because of the Air problems, I stream the music from the Mac to my Oppo BDP105 via Ethernet and then on to my Devialet. I Use the analogue out connectors on the Oppo so that It decodes DSD DSF etc. Although the sound is going through two DACs, it still sounds very good to my ears. I would love to try Roon at some stage. Could I still use my present "chain" to achieve this, with a view to using Air direct to the Devialet when it is  working properly? TIA,

Al.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(10-Sep-2015, 07:22)Axel Wrote: I use JRiver on my Mac with my iPad as a remote for JRiver.  Because of the Air problems, I stream the music from the Mac to my Oppo BDP105 via Ethernet and then on to my Devialet. I Use the analogue out connectors on the Oppo so that It decodes DSD DSF etc. Although the sound is going through two DACs, it still sounds very good to my ears. I would love to try Roon at some stage. Could I still use my present "chain" to achieve this, with a view to using Air direct to the Devialet when it is  working properly? TIA,

Al.

FYI, AIR is performing well for me with limited problem. And, Roon offers free 2-week trial. Download it and give it a try and see if your current chain will work.

(10-Sep-2015, 08:56)hk6230 Wrote:
(10-Sep-2015, 07:22)Axel Wrote: I use JRiver on my Mac with my iPad as a remote for JRiver.  Because of the Air problems, I stream the music from the Mac to my Oppo BDP105 via Ethernet and then on to my Devialet. I Use the analogue out connectors on the Oppo so that It decodes DSD DSF etc. Although the sound is going through two DACs, it still sounds very good to my ears. I would love to try Roon at some stage. Could I still use my present "chain" to achieve this, with a view to using Air direct to the Devialet when it is  working properly? TIA,

Al.

FYI, AIR is performing well for me with limited problem. And, Roon offers free 2-week trial. Download it and give it a try and see if your current chain will work.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.  Do you use a Mac?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Was using a Mac Mini. Now I'm using an Intel NUC with Win10.