Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RP - testing new FLAC connection
Nice to see all purple stars through the chain in ROON

http://audio-3.radioparadise.com:8000/flac
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia
I played with the new connection for about an hour after which it started to stutter and then stopped. simply pushing the Forward arrow got it running again.

No song info supplied on this link. Hopefully will be in the future. Clarity, speed, separation, everything seems to be enhanced. Liking this format a lot.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jim, Thank you for the info. Unfortunately the link you have will not open for me and I can’t find any reference to it on the old or new RP website. Can you provide a file path, please?
I’m assuming you are referencing a new direct feed of RP to the Devialet rather than what I currently use for the flac service using an RPi with the Squeeze-Pad app/plugin.
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.
if you place http://audio-3.radioparadise.com:8000/flac on your browser it should run immediately (good way to vet url's).

In Roon I just did an add radio and typed the URL in on the field for the link.  I'm not at home at the moment and I don't remember if there were other items to check/add/insert/select.  It was pretty straight forward adding the link to Roon.

Jim 
Thanks, Jim. Got it working now. Sounds really good.
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.
(17-Apr-2019, 18:51)Jim_Anderson Wrote: if you place http://audio-3.radioparadise.com:8000/flac on your browser it should run immediately (good way to vet url's).

In Roon I just did an add radio and typed the URL in on the field for the link.  I'm not at home at the moment and I don't remember if there were other items to check/add/insert/select.  It was pretty straight forward adding the link to Roon.

Jim 

I tried this this morning.  I copied the above link and pasted into Roon's internet radio "add a station" feature.  This was really easy and hassle free, I had music playing in less than a minute.

I have never listened to Radio Paradise before, but half an hour in I have heard an number of great tracks.  I am sure I will be dipping back in from time to time.

This reminds me a bit of the BBC's testing of lossless FLAC streaming for the proms.  An experimental initiative, but it worked fine and sounded great.  As does the RP stream, I am sure we will see a lot more of this in the future.  That said, the BBC experiment was in 2017, so progress seems very slow by modern standards.  As an example, if I switch over to my current internet radio favourite, BBC 6 Music, I am rewarded with a miserable 128 kbps stream.  So the BBC are not exactly pushing the boundaries two years on from the lossless FLAC initiative.  It's one of those things where I can't help but think that all the technology and infrastructure is now in place so we must be on the cusp of a lossless radio boom.  Not much sign of it yet though. 

In the meantime, thanks Jim, a nice tip.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12