Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocketmannequin's System
I upgraded from my old Sony 5.1 home cinema to this Devialet and B&W combination.  I don't have the space in my small apartment for too much gear, never mind a separate listening room, unlike many of the luckier members on this forum!

My Dev 220 Pro is connected by Audioquest Pearl Ethernet to a 2012 Mac Mini (under the couch on a stand). Speakers are B&W 804 D3s with Siltech Explorer speaker cables.  I use Roon on the Mac to control the setup, which works beautifully. When my girlfriend takes a nap, I switch to my Sennheiser HD 800s which sound great, and they are connected to the preouts of the Dev.

To save space, I also decided to wall mount the Dev, but since that causes unsightly cables hanging from the wall, I maneuvered a (too) bushy plant into position.  Best thing here is that the Dev remote does not need to be in line of bsight of the Dev. 

The speakers aren't optimally spaced, being on the sides of a wide couch, but regardless, I am sure that the small apartment itself imposes certain acoustic limits.  

For my next project I am considering a subwoofer, but it may be overkill given the space I have.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY
Congratulations !!  Lovely setup and very nicely done with the plants. 

Just thought that I'd share with you being a B&W 800-series user for 27 years now, they do need to be Bi-wired if you want the "best out of them". I'm using the 802D3 (white) with D400 and bi-wired.  Smile
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Looks great! I think that is nice to see a hi-fi system integrated into a normal living space. The dedicated sound room is nice, but getting sound that makes you happy in the space that you actually live in is special. Though maybe you need a camo cover for the amp... though you may be a contender for 'best use of a reflective surface in the amplifier cover' category.

Chuck Close portraits?
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
It's also nice to see someone using normal cables, the power cable out of the box, standard CAT, basic Siltech and is that a Kabeldirekt splitter?
Nice view. 40th St?
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
(23-Apr-2017, 21:27)audio_engr Wrote: Congratulations !!  Lovely setup and very nicely done with the plants. 

Just thought that I'd share with you being a B&W 800-series user for 27 years now, they do need to be Bi-wired if you want the "best out of them". I'm using the 802D3 (white) with D400 and bi-wired.  Smile

Thanks very much, audio_engr!  You are properly bi-amped with the D400, whereas I would hope within my budget to bi-wire with another set of cables but still connected to the same outputs with my D220 Pro.  I wonder if the simple bi-wiring in this context would make much of a difference.  Something to add to my project list!
220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY
(24-Apr-2017, 00:34)Damon Wrote: Looks great! I think that is nice to see a hi-fi system integrated into a normal living space. The dedicated sound room is nice, but getting sound that makes you happy in the space that you actually live in is special. Though maybe you need a camo cover for the amp... though you may be a contender for 'best use of a reflective surface in the amplifier cover' category.

Chuck Close portraits?
Ha!  Yes, the WAF factor was important, and as a beginner audiophile have to admit that the design of the Dev was not unimportant.  I have had large and imposing system decks in the past, but with this Devialet offers something radically different.  I find that its discretion (perhaps its high reflection less so...) makes for as good a conversation piece as something more imposing during dinner parties.     

Close...(no pun intended), but these are paintings by Gavin Rain. (Australian painter)  But I am told that he was inspired by Chuck Close!
New York, NY
(24-Apr-2017, 15:52)ssfas Wrote: It's also nice to see someone using normal cables, the power cable out of the box, standard CAT, basic Siltech and is that a Kabeldirekt splitter?
Nice view. 40th St?
Correct on all fronts, ssfas!  I'm just starting off and still on this audiophile adventure. If Devialet provides an AQ power cable, I would presume that they consider it to largely do the trick.  I was advised by the knowledgable and passionate guys at Park Avenue Audio, and within my budget the Siltech Explorers fit the bill.  Kabeldirekt splitter it is, though I was hoping to find something more sturdy for the headphones.

Thanks...39th street!  (You can tell what I am spending my money on...)
New York, NY
(25-Apr-2017, 03:48)Rocketmannequin Wrote:
(24-Apr-2017, 15:52)ssfas Wrote: It's also nice to see someone using normal cables, the power cable out of the box, standard CAT, basic Siltech and is that a Kabeldirekt splitter?
Nice view. 40th St?
Correct on all fronts, ssfas!  I'm just starting off and still on this audiophile adventure. If Devialet provides an AQ power cable, I would presume that they consider it to largely do the trick.  I was advised by the knowledgable and passionate guys at Park Avenue Audio, and within my budget the Siltech Explorers fit the bill.  Kabeldirekt splitter it is, though I was hoping to find something more sturdy for the headphones.

Thanks...39th street!  (You can tell what I am spending my money on...)

RENT

My AQ cable is also plugged into the wall. I've used KabelDirekt and only one fell apart, otherwise all fine. Most people here won't have heard of them. 

Personally, I'd stop whilst the going's good.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.