Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screw hole on Phantom
I recently bought the Gecko wall mount (flat against the wall with the lip sticking out at an angle) and when mounted to the wall, I did not find the screw hole on the bottom of my 2014 Phantom Gold. Is my Phantom too old and does it not have a screwhole. If that is the case, can I make one or does anybody have some other alternatives.

My Gecko is already sturdily mounted to the wall, so I do want to use it somehow.

There is a small gray bracket that sticks out in the middle on the bottom. See picture. Do I need a different bracket/gecko?
Hope somebody can help me here.

Menko
(20-Sep-2021, 14:14)Menko Wrote: I recently bought the Gecko wall mount (flat against the wall with the lip sticking out at an angle) and when mounted to the wall, I did not find the screw hole on the bottom of my 2014 Phantom Gold. Is my Phantom too old and does it not have a screwhole. If that is the case, can I make one or does anybody have some other alternatives.

My Gecko is already sturdily mounted to the wall, so I do want to use it somehow.

There is a small gray bracket that sticks out in the middle on the bottom. See picture. Do I need a different bracket/gecko?

Menko

The screw is for securing the spring load mechanism after the speaker is attached to the Gecko. The easiest way to mount the Phantom to the Gecko is to put it upside down on a couch or similar and attach the Gecko. T
Good luck!
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Hello Ragwo, I do not have a springloaded mechanism. Does that come with the Gecko? It was not in the Phantom box when I bought it.
My Gecko is attached flat to the wall (not the spider version) with a lip sticking out with a hole in it. The screw fits perfect through the hole and the description states to just screw the screw in the Phantom. But I have no screwhole.... see my picture.
So, do I miss the springloaded mechanism?

Menko
Did you get the wrong Gecko? The Phantom II (Reactor) has a nut insert for it's Gecko version and the speaker is fastened with a screw. All Geckos I've seen for the "big" Phantoms have the spring loaded slide-in mechanism (unless Devialet has changed this in the newest Phantom I)
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
@Menko
I believe you have bought the wrong Gecko as @ogs writes. Devialet hasn't changed it's design for the latest version of Phantom Premier/I.
This is the one you should get

This is for the Reactor/II

Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(20-Sep-2021, 14:14)Menko Wrote: I recently bought the Gecko wall mount (flat against the wall with the lip sticking out at an angle) and when mounted to the wall, I did not find the screw hole on the bottom of my 2014 Phantom Gold. Is my Phantom too old and does it not have a screwhole. If that is the case, can I make one or does anybody have some other alternatives.

Menko

Also most probably your Gold Phantom is not from 2014 but rather from towards end of 2018 (M42..) as the serial number indicates production in 2018, 42Week. 2014 Phantoms were not on the market and Phantom Golds were introduced end of 2016.