Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sept 13 Gemini 2 release?
(18-Sep-2023, 04:12)Rexie Wrote:
(17-Sep-2023, 00:22)Pim Wrote:
(16-Sep-2023, 01:26)Rexie Wrote:   And the sound is definitely better than Airpods Pro.

Is that the AirPods Pro 1 or 2 you're talking about. I have the 2 and mostly use it for phone calls, but I was mighty impressed with how good they sound. I have a pair of JH Audio Sharona custom in ears and, at 12 times the price, they don't even sound twice as good.

Wow, yes, definitely a fair question.  The comparison I did, and totally subjective, was Gemini Gen 1 versus Airpod Pros 1, two years ago.  So no perspective on the more recent model.

Fair enough. I'll stick with the Pros then
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(18-Sep-2023, 10:59)Pim Wrote:
(18-Sep-2023, 04:12)Rexie Wrote:
(17-Sep-2023, 00:22)Pim Wrote: Is that the AirPods Pro 1 or 2 you're talking about. I have the 2 and mostly use it for phone calls, but I was mighty impressed with how good they sound. I have a pair of JH Audio Sharona custom in ears and, at 12 times the price, they don't even sound twice as good.

Wow, yes, definitely a fair question.  The comparison I did, and totally subjective, was Gemini Gen 1 versus Airpod Pros 1, two years ago.  So no perspective on the more recent model.

Fair enough. I'll stick with the Pros then

Yes do stick with the Pros. When I switched from Gemini to AirPods Pro 2 I thought they sound better than the Gemini. 
I mainly switched because switching from android to Apple but I never looked back and everything about the AirPods Pro 2 is better. 

But I’m so interested in the Gemini 2. Thinking they may sound better. 
Also I Wonder if they can keep up with B&O Beoplay EX which cost the same and are the best sounding tws earbuds.
2x Phantom II 98db
Today I’ve received the Devialet Gemini (old version). I’m very happy with these earphones. As said before, I thought the Gemini’s should be “no- brainers” to buy, especially for the low discounted price. All I can say … I was right ! My advice, take your chance as long sales will last!
Expert 1000 Pro Dual CI | NS5000 | Perspective Final Edition + MM Bronze | ZENmini MK3 + LPSU | Renolabs USB Isolator + PSU | Entreq fanboy | Dione | Isoacoustics Mini Pucks | Gemini
Just received my gemini 2 buds today. After a brief listening session I can safely say they are exceptional. I'm a bit of a headphones nerd with Airpods 2, Bose QCII buds, Sony 1000XM4 and Mark Levinson 5909 in my collection.

I would say Gemini 2's are just about on a par with the 5909's for sound quality; they really are that good. Massive bandwidth, punch & musicality.

I can't comment on real world usability yet as I've not used the Gemini's in anger (commuting into London) yet. Also not sure how the cancellation will cope with the london underground...

However, sitting on my sofa listening to Ray Lamontagne, Trespassers William & Manchester Orchestra, I'm convinced these are the real deal.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
All I can say is that if they are anything like the first generation then you will get a big smile when turning on the ANC for the first time on the Underground. In my opinion they had better ANC than my XM4s (filters out higher frequencies) I could listen to music or watch a video and not hear my kids watching TV 10 meters away. I only switched due to the problems at first and the horrible lag when watching Videos on my phone.
I agree the sound is incredible and so is the ANC

Do you also have the headphones at 90% battery in the morning when you open the case?
(20-Sep-2023, 20:41)ozthepoz Wrote: Just received my gemini 2 buds today. After a brief listening session I can safely say they are exceptional. I'm a bit of a headphones nerd with Airpods 2, Bose QCII buds, Sony 1000XM4 and Mark Levinson 5909 in my collection.

I would say Gemini 2's are just about on a par with the 5909's for sound quality; they really are that good. Massive bandwidth, punch & musicality.

I can't comment on real world usability yet as I've not used the Gemini's in anger (commuting into London) yet. Also not sure how the cancellation will cope with the london underground...

However, sitting on my sofa listening to Ray Lamontagne, Trespassers William & Manchester Orchestra, I'm convinced these are the real deal.

I agree the sound is incredible and so is the ANC
Do you also have the headphones at 90% battery in the morning when you open the case?