Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serius software? problem with Devialet D200
I'm using the newest 3.0.4 version. I haven't had blue screens since I made sure my Windows sound output isn't on AIR while the Devialet itself is not powered on.
Unfortunately after a lot of invested time I could not make it work. The Devialet Support informed me that the current Air version is not compatible with Win10 and they are trying to make a newer version of AIR compatible with Win10. Until then I have to use the usb version without the AIR software. I think that the latest upgrade in Win10 made the problems.
I would give linux and roon a try.
Some time ago I had problems with air after a windows upgrade and after many days I switched to linux/roon.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
farad super 3 (12v, sr orange fuse, furutech rodium ac inlet) -> daphile / diy streamer -> audioquest cinnamon toslink -> denafrips gaia -> transparent reference aes/ebu -> devialet 250pro ci -> transparent mws xl -> proac 3.8.

solid tech hybrid rack, shunyata hydra 8, shunyata anaconda helix alpha, shunyata python helix vx, dc cable farad level 2, isoacoustics orea bronze, ansuz darkz d2t.
(30-Sep-2019, 20:56)Drioannis Wrote: Unfortunately after a lot of invested time I could not make it work. The Devialet Support informed me that the current Air version is not compatible with Win10 and they are trying to make a newer version of AIR compatible with Win10. Until then I have to use the usb version without the AIR software. I think that the latest upgrade in Win10 made the problems.

They keep on amazing me with their lame support.
Blame Windows and give the advice to use USB while they work on an update that will be ready in 'we all know how long'.
Or 'trying' even...
There will be a point at which they won't fix AIR anymore and leave us with a useless device is my bet.
I won't be surprised.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Window 10 is available for a looooong time now. I hope the "new" AIR will be available very soon. I will say for one more time. NOW my AIR software is totally unusable!
Ok, got an answer on the matter from Devialet. Windows 10 and AIR are now officially incompatible, it seems.

"For now, Devialet Air under Windows 10 is non official.
Therefore, we don't have solutions for this until a next update.

If you need to stream, what we recommend is UpnP or Roon which are excellent options."
Will there ever be an update of the Air software? Its been a looong time.
They made an update driver for the Windows 10/11 and it is way better.