Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shunyata Research
Just got my hands on the Shunyata research delta & alpha speaker cables to test out for the rest of this month.
Did a prelim listening session with the Deltas last night and it was very interesting. Would love to hear feedback from any others who have the delta.

In my listening tests, I definitely found a difference in a number of areas:

Soundstage - quite prominent in some tracks, not as much in others

Vocals - the area of biggest fluctuation - certain tracks (pink floyd's greatest gig in teh sky) - all the backing vocals became so much more distinct and each person could be hear separately - and very lifelike. In some other tracks (george michael - i can't make you love me), the vocals lost a bit of their oomph and weight and inplace got a more airy and the position of the vocal sat a little further away and at a higher plane than previously. I've noticed the latter on a few other songs too.

Instrumentation - most chord instruments sound great as do the drums and percussion. Really snappy

Bass - more expanded for sure - which might also be the problem of it seemingly eating into the midrange

Detail - I feel like saying there's some more micro detail definitely coming out of the speakers, but can't be definite about it quite yet.

It's been one night - hoping to do 2-3 days of teh delta to get a better sense of it before I plug in the Alphas - which is honestly a lot of money for speaker cables, but I do want to try it. Would love to hear if others have any feedback on these speaker cables
Signal path: Macbook Pro (Qobuz/ Vox Player) > Router > CAT 8 Ethernet > Devialet 220 pro > Shunyata Delta speaker cables > Wilson Sabrina speakers

Power path: Wall outlet > Shunyata Delta power cable > Devialet 220 pro
Got the Deltas half year ago. They replaced some 15 year old Virtual Dynamics Master cables. Not a soundstaging freak so I can’t comment about soundstaging. Everything sounded clearer or purer if you will which I liked a lot. Must be the pure single crystal copper I  guess. They were initially a bit bright sounding which went away after 100-200 hours.

Looking forward to hear your comments about the alphas. Keep in mind they do need a while to break in.
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
Hi,

Any Shunyata power conditioner owners utilising the Common Grounding System?

I have the UK Denali and wondered in this quiet period I could implement any cheap tweaks to improve my system.

I’m not interested (can’t afford it either) in the Entreq route.

Thanks 

Graham
Innuos Statement, D1000 Pro CI, Shunyata Denali, Alpha v2, Delta v2 and Venom NR12 power cords, Sigma v1 speaker cables, Omega USB, PMC IB2se, Townshend Isolation Podiums.

Marantz SR7012, OPPO BDP 105D, PMC OB1s (Rears), PMC Twenty C (Centre).

South East Wales, UK
Hi, does anyone know if the Denali v2 (US version) will be coming out in the tower version soon?
(29-Mar-2020, 15:56)Carcrashboy Wrote: Hi,

Any Shunyata power conditioner owners utilising the Common Grounding System?

I have the UK Denali and wondered in this quiet period I could implement any cheap tweaks to improve my system.

I’m not interested (can’t afford it either) in the Entreq route.

Thanks 

Graham
Hi Graham I use the synergistic research Ground Block with a really good results https://www.synergisticresearch.com/isol...isolation/

Regards,
Devialet 1000 PRO CI, Franco Serblin Ktema. Power Distribution Purist Audio Design AC Extension LE, Purist Audio Neptune speaker cable, Purist Audio Neptune Diamond power cable to Devialet, Purist Audio Aquila Digital Power Cord to Innuos Statement, Innuos PhoenixNET, Purist Audio Dominus digital For link between Devialet 1000 PRO. Purist Audio CAT 7, AVID - Sequel SP with SME 309 and Soundsmith - The Voice, IsoAcoustics Gaia II , Innuos Statement, Innuos PhoenixNET, Router with Ferrum Hypsos PSU.
(03-Jun-2020, 13:55)ryann Wrote: Hi, does anyone know if the Denali v2 (US version) will be coming out in the tower version soon?
I anyone knows, @GuillaumeB will!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(03-Jun-2020, 14:49)Axel Wrote:
(03-Jun-2020, 13:55)ryann Wrote: Hi, does anyone know if the Denali v2 (US version) will be coming out in the tower version soon?
I anyone knows, @GuillaumeB will!

Haha! Actually I just had to contact Caelin in the US to check on this one.

There are NO plans to produce a V2 Denali tower for the US and for that matter EU markets. The US/EU/AS markets already have the Denali 6000/S which features the V2 platform.

Cheers,

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I guess that those interested in a tower have the option to save a bit more and to go with the Everest.

Caelin seems very confident that it is by a wide margin the best power conditionner ever designed.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Thanks for the info on the Everest. Looking forward to give this a try. Thats a nice form factor.
Guillaume, did you have a chance to try this out?
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
(04-Jun-2020, 00:03)sam1000 Wrote: Thanks for the info on the Everest. Looking forward to give this a try. Thats a nice form factor.
Guillaume, did you have a chance to try this out?

Not yet it's barely gone into production yet. I imagine it will be pretty spectacular given the specs and technologies inside. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK