Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evoke 10s + Expert 140 Pro — ideal loom?
Thought experiment—if you wanted to spend less than $1500 full-loom (SC, PC, one digital), Expert 140 Pro and Evoke 10s, what would you do?
Synergistic Research....mainly because their cables are extremely transparent and detailed, allowing all the Devialet’s qualities to shine through without emphasising anything. I have an entire SR loom and it sounds wonderful
(10-Dec-2019, 13:07)Blackmorec Wrote: Synergistic Research....mainly because their cables are extremely transparent and detailed, allowing all the Devialet’s qualities to shine through without emphasising anything. I have an entire SR loom and it sounds wonderful

Under $1500?   Which units specifically?
(06-Dec-2019, 12:39)awkaplan Wrote: Thought experiment—if you wanted to spend less than $1500 full-loom (SC, PC, one digital), Expert 140 Pro and Evoke 10s, what would you do?

Look at TriodeWireLabs.com.    Depending upon cable lengths, he may be able to keep it within your price range.  Great cables across the board.    I've known the owner, Pete Grzybowski, for a decade now.  Send him a message (triodewirelabs@outlook.com) as to what you're looking for and your budget and see if he can come up with a way to make it work.  I'm using TWL cables throughout and don't even bother looking elsewhere anymore.  Be sure to mention your Devialet Expert Pro because he can use a specific termination on the PC to make it fit perfectly.

Best of luck with it!
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA