Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark and Spotify on iPhone iPad
Another big issue i have is that since spark allows the volume to be changed by the hard side buttons on iPhone, this interferes with Spotify volume control, no matter that the app is in background.

To make it easy:

1-i listen to spotify from iPhone.
2- Spotify volume is set to max (which i gathered is the best setting to improve the quality. Please... I know it is bad using airplay and apple tv but... until Devialet gives us Spotify Connect....)
3-i open spark to increase or decrease the volume
4-the iPhone volume suddenly goes half way down.
5-i open spotify, i put the volume back to max.... guess what?
6-i open spark the volume reset again half way on the iPhone

Now to listen to Spotify i must use the ipad to select the track and the iPhone to run spark and use the volume (or other way round). not good at all.

As anyone the same set up? Same problem? (all sw are latest releases)

Plus.... i think Spark should not have a WHITE background.
If you listen to music in the evening last thing you want is a white bright screen on your devices distracting you .....
This is why spotify and so on have all BLACK/DARK backgrounds !!!
Yes, I do and yes this volume control with HW buttons is a mess on the IPad/IPhone. I understood well what you mean but don't know if all in the forum see the problem. It has to do with multitasking or maybe not well implemented multitasking in IOS. When the volume is set in Spark, e.g to 50% this volume gets copied to Spotify that streams music over airplay to an AppleTV and is fed into the Phantom or Dialog via optical input. So suddenly the listening volume gets 50% reduced and you have to adjust it in Spotify back to 100%. So far fortunately I did not experience changes in Spotify from 50% to 100% that got copied to Spark and would set the Spark volume to 100% while operating the Spotify app. But this programming error is anyway annoying, same as the HW button implementation in Spark. When pressing the HW volume button once the volume increases by 6% and not 1% as it does in the Android app. So from 65% volume you get to 71% that now with the progressive implementation of the volume adjustment feels like doubling the perceived loudness (Luckily I have no neigbours close by). Hopefully this gets corrected in the next update and hopefully before end of the year. What really disappoints me: these are things that were working well in the previous version (streaming from the Spotify app via airplay and optical input) and do not work correctly anymore. So I hope Devialet achieves a consolidation in its SW development and will not introduce two steps back in functionality when offering one step forward as they did with the latest update.