Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker suggestions
I´ve had Focal Utopia Micro with mye Devialet D200 for some years and just bought a used Magico S1 (first modell). The Focal sounded neutral with a touch of warmth. With Magico it's purely neutral. In fact extremely neural. On the limit to cold and forward. 

I´ve realised that many recordings sound better with some warmth and some forgiveness. Which speakers do sound more relaxed without loosing too much details and transparens? And have enough punch. I know I have to loose some of the great details of S1. 

Some canditates in the price segment, new or used not considering the sonic yet: 

Revel F226/F208
Sonus Faber Olymica Nova II/Sonetto III
Monitor Audio Gold 300
Fyne F502
Zu Audio Soul
Martin Logan Classic
KEF R7
Audio Pysic Avanti
ProAc D30/48
Focal Kanta 2
Piega Classic 40
Spendor A7/D7.2
Marten Oscar Trio
Canton Reference 7k
B&W 702/804
Dynaudio Contour 30i
The S1 has a SAM profile. Did you try with SAM? Should help 'tilt' tonality a little towards warmer.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Vivids are really neutral but are still musically! I have decided to go with an Vivid Oval K1 together with an Devialet 220.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
My mate and I went speaker shopping for him a few weeks ago. The Fyne 502 beat two Focal models , B&W and three others. He's next going to listen to the Fyne 502SP, which is actually in the same price range as the other speakers we listened to; the 502 is about half that, which makes it a phenomenal speaker for the money. It has unbeatable sound staging and a warm but detailed sound. It put goose bumps on my mate's arms.

In a league of their own were the Vivid Kaya 45 and 90. They didn't have the 25, which is still higher priced but not too far out. Incredible detail in the mid range. Not so warm. If it was me I would probably go for the Kaya 25 and add some subs and get the best of both worlds. If I were you and already owned the Magico S1, I would probably consider adding some small subs. The new KEF KC62 sounded very impressive for its size.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Sam only extend the lower bass, it doesn´t change the tonality or the bass above.

Vivid is way over my budget.

I will definitely listen to Fyne. Both 502SP and 702 are within my budget. I'm also very interested in Revel after I listened to Ultima once. F226BE might go, but the bass doest go very deep and they are expensive. F208 is more on my budget. I don't now how Revel play bad recordings sonically? Do they have any warm sound? I'm also considering Piega, Coax models are too expensive but Classic 40.2.

I sold my REL t9i because I felt I didn't´t need it and it only added a worse sound quality. The bass is impressive with Magico S1 and enough in my room. I do not want to have to big speakers.
A used Dynaudio confidence would be my choice.
(12-Apr-2021, 11:05)Stino Wrote: A used Dynaudio confidence would be my choice.

As a current owner of the C1, I would still go for the Fynes.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
If I`lll choose Dynaudio it would be Contour 30i, but I must admit the design is not my favorite. But It`s the sound that counts.

How does Fyne cope with bad hard sounding records?
(13-Apr-2021, 08:25)HA Oslo Wrote: If I`lll choose Dynaudio it would be Contour 30i, but I must admit the design is not my favorite. But It`s the sound that counts.

How does Fyne cope with bad hard sounding records?

Much better than Dynaudio. 
The Fyne sound is warm but clear. Most speakers get harsh in the highs and that can obscure the rest of the music. The Fynes just play beautiful music. 

My mate came back from work today so in the coming week we’ll go back to have a listen to the 502SP. I’ll let you know what I found.
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Since you're considering quite a wide variety of speakers with quite wildly varying price points - thrown in used Wilson Sabrinas in the mix there too if you can get a hold of them to see if their sound signature is something you like. I picked the Sabrinas after auditioning it against atleast 3-4 in the list you / more advanced models. Coherence betweeen left & right speakers to create image, and musical tone of instruments + vocals is just spectacular.
Signal path: Macbook Pro (Qobuz/ Vox Player) > Router > CAT 8 Ethernet > Devialet 220 pro > Shunyata Delta speaker cables > Wilson Sabrina speakers

Power path: Wall outlet > Shunyata Delta power cable > Devialet 220 pro