Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker suggestions
(13-Apr-2021, 09:20)Pim Wrote:
(13-Apr-2021, 08:25)HA Oslo Wrote: If I`lll choose Dynaudio it would be Contour 30i, but I must admit the design is not my favorite. But It`s the sound that counts.

How does Fyne cope with bad hard sounding records?

Much better than Dynaudio. 
The Fyne sound is warm but clear. Most speakers get harsh in the highs and that can obscure the rest of the music. The Fynes just play beautiful music. 

My mate came back from work today so in the coming week we’ll go back to have a listen to the 502SP. I’ll let you know what I found.

Well, we've been back to the shop and my mate bought the 502SP. They're a little bit fuller sounding than the standard 502 and a give a bit more resolution. Not twice as good as the standard (They're twice the price) but still worth the money. And definitely worth the money if you consider the competition all fell well short.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(17-Apr-2021, 05:29)zambie Wrote: Since you're considering quite a wide variety of speakers with quite wildly varying price points - thrown in used Wilson Sabrinas in the mix there too 

They would still be way too expensive. It's more like the most expensive in the list should be used, but I can afford them new if I'm a bit "mad". If I can find cheaper speakers that come close to the most expensive ones if prefer that.
(17-Apr-2021, 08:00)Pim Wrote:
(13-Apr-2021, 09:20)Pim Wrote:
(13-Apr-2021, 08:25)HA Oslo Wrote: If I`lll choose Dynaudio it would be Contour 30i, but I must admit the design is not my favorite. But It`s the sound that counts.

How does Fyne cope with bad hard sounding records?

Much better than Dynaudio. 
The Fyne sound is warm but clear. Most speakers get harsh in the highs and that can obscure the rest of the music. The Fynes just play beautiful music. 

My mate came back from work today so in the coming week we’ll go back to have a listen to the 502SP. I’ll let you know what I found.

Well, we've been back to the shop and my mate bought the 502SP. They're a little bit fuller sounding than the standard 502 and a give a bit more resolution. Not twice as good as the standard (They're twice the price) but still worth the money. And definitely worth the money if you consider the competition all fell well short.

Thanks for the report. If they are worth the price I´ll probably go for for SP if I choose Fyne. 702 i probably a bit too big, but I dot know how much better they are? I hope the shop have them for demo (all shopes are corona closed here ). 
I listened to Fyne 502SP today with Devialet D140. The sounded really well with rock music. Warm sound with fuller bass and very engaged. But they didn´t impress on classic music ond voices on better sounding records. If I only were playing rock I think I would be very happy with them, but i think i would miss more neutral instruments. I also listened to Sound Faber Olympica Nova II witch sounded much better om vocals, but were more laidback with rock music. I didn't have time to listen to Sonetto yet. Did listen to B&W 702 S2, but they sounded too boxy somehow. Not good enough. Next time I think I will listen to Piega Classic 40.2, Dynaudio Contour 30i and Focal Kanta 2.
Kanta 2 - my fav

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(08-May-2021, 00:09)HA Oslo Wrote: I listened to Fyne 502SP today with Devialet D140. The sounded really well with rock music. Warm sound with fuller bass and very engaged. But they didn´t impress on classic music ond voices on better sounding records. If I only were playing rock I think I would be very happy with them, but i think i would miss more neutral instruments. I also listened to Sound Faber Olympica Nova II witch sounded much better om vocals, but were more laidback with rock music. I didn't have time to listen to Sonetto yet. Did listen to B&W 702 S2, but they sounded too boxy somehow. Not good enough. Next time I think I will listen to Piega Classic 40.2, Dynaudio Contour 30i and Focal Kanta 2.

Interesting how different ears have different perceptions. I find the Fyne's better on vocals than on rock. My mate has his 502SP set up now but we've still got some work to do to get them to sound their best. It'll be an interesting day.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
It depends on witch vocal recordings too of course, but I think I prefer more neural sound on particular voice dominated recordings with good sound.

That suprised me a bit was that the former round, warm sound of Sonus Faber wasn't there. Seems like Sound Faber have changed the sound toward neutrality. I read that Sonetto also are quite neutral sounding. Quite a different sound from Fyne.
(08-May-2021, 08:13)Elztalbiker Wrote: Kanta 2 - my fav

In my language "kanta" means "trash bin" Big Grin
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

Auditioned several speakers the last days. First Piega Classic 40.2. Beautiful speakers but they disappointed me. Not high enough resolution, too warm and laidback. Bass too loose. Paired with Naim Supernait. They didn't have the floorstanding speakers but I heard the Kanta 1 and Dynaudio Contour 20i. Kanta sounded well, quite neutral but slightly warm in the mid. Could have had a bit more details. Then the Dynaudio surprised me a lot. The sounded so soft, natural and where engaging with rock music too. Details slightly higher than Kanta. It was like the music was weightless. They could play any music really well. More natural sounding rather than super neutrality. Softer then neutral, but that suits a lot of recordings that are not audiophile.

Then I listen too Spendor D7.2 and that was disappoiting. Sounded neutral, not so forgiving but most of all to small. Not very engaging. They sounded like small speakers like they are. And diskant was too low from the ears. The Pylon Jasper where the complete opposite. The sound was big og very engaging. Quite soft, but not as much details as Spendor. The I also listened to PMC Twenty5.24i. Impressive bass, good resolution, not forgiving but overall quite neutral. Maybe they will sound a little bit too harsh and too mush bass at home, but I don't know. They sounded really well anyway. The ProAc 30D had a almost perfect sound on classical music, but where too retrained in the bass. Could with for lightly more resolution as well.

I was not able to listen too Audio Physics Virgo/Avanti and I might also listen to Revel F208/F226Be too. And maybe B&W 804D and Dali Epicon 6. Would love too listen to Marten Oscar Tri too, but they do not not sell these in my city.

So my favourite so far is Dynaudio Contour witch is a surprise. But I where only able to listen to the standmounts.
If you like Contour 20i - try Confidence 20. You will love them! Wink
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7