Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker suggestions
(12-May-2021, 23:54)Delija Wrote: If you like Contour 20i - try Confidence 20. You will love them! Wink

I´m shure I would, but Ill go for floorstanding this time so it will be Contour 30i. Can´t afford any more. Witch ones can compete with them?

I think it will play well with Devialet D200? I auditioned them with Naim Supernait. I owned the former Supernaivt and it sounded very neutral and clean. Nothing stood out.
Confidence 20's are much better speakers than Contour 30i's. But yes, they cost more.
You don't have to buy them Smile - but if you can, just listen to them.

I had Contour 60's. Now I have Confidence 50's.
Beside them, I've listened to Contour 20's, 20i's, 30's and also Confidence 20's and 30's. Several times. I still didn't have a chance to listen to Confidence 60's.

I would choose Confidence 20's over Contour 60's in all but the largest rooms.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

If you are open for different speaker concepts you could try a speaker from Duevel.
I have a pair of Bella Luna’s. A lot of Details, realistic and natural sound, great powerful bass. But only down to 50Hz. That was for me the reason to switch from a good Bryston 4B & 12B combination to a used Devialet 250 to benefit from SAM.

When you have a chance to hear speakers from Duevel just try it with a open mind. Maybe you need some time to get used to the different sound. For me it is the best speaker concept. Try it with a good recording with real instruments.
The listening with the Duevel’s is total restful/relaxing to the mind. The instruments sounds real.
(13-May-2021, 01:04)Delija Wrote: I would choose Confidence 20's over Contour 60's in all but the largest rooms.

They are still too expensive. I read the review from Absolute Sound for Contour 30 and they say the soft sound has a negative side. They naturally sound less precise on audiophile records. That worries me a bit because I didn´t listen very critical with soundstage og mybe I would miss higher definition over time. Maybe they sound too different to Magico, actually the opposite way. Being great for bad recording versus Magico with is best for audiophile recordings. Which ones are in the middle? Sonos Faber Olympica?
That's exactly what Confidence series brings to the table.

They have (much) more resolution, transparency, dynamics, "air"... than Contour's (and even old Confidence series), but in the same time they are still very musical, smooth, fluid... They sound pretty good with bad recordings and excellent with high quality recordings.

Speakers that sound fantastic with audiophile recordings, but sounds like crap with everything else are not for me.

In the moment I bought Contour's new Confidence line was still not on the market and also I wasn't prepared to invest so much money into speakers. But, in the end I sold my soul to the devil Big Grin

As I already wrote, you don't have to buy them in this moment - but listen to them just to check if they are what you want from speakers.

SF speakers are good (some of them VERY good) for some jazz and classical music - but I still haven't heard SF that knows how to rock!

Problem with newer Sonus Faber models is that they are voiced to be able to be used with Television set ups, the old Sonus Faber sound is gone for the middle and lower models Sad

What about the new PMC models
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Well, i do own a pair of SF Olympica II's, i belive you would call this the middle class of SF. at least to my ears (which propably are not the best out there :-) my current setup sounds really good with almost everything, including rock. Only very very bad recorded punk records and the like are not really shining, but that's probably music you best listen on a crappy car speakers, no?!
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
Just now I have the Revel Performa 226BE at home for testing. I really like the tonality. Neutral with a touch of softness witch mens I can play any recordings without sounding too hard. They er not best in any particular way, but is very homogeny open and detailed. The weak point is the bass witch are a bit reserved. Not thin, not bad at all, but they don't rock a lot. Not sp good in dynamic contrasts. So I don't know. All I have tested has some negative sides.
(14-May-2021, 10:33)Bartype Wrote: Well, i do own a pair of SF Olympica II's, i belive you would call this the middle class of SF. at least to my ears (which propably are not the best out there :-) my current setup sounds really good with almost everything, including rock. Only very very bad recorded punk records and the like are not really shining, but that's probably music you best listen on a crappy car speakers, no?!

Ok, as far I've read the Nova is even better and sounding more neutral? I played the Nova on a A/B test with the best speakers for rock (Fyne, imo) so yes maybe they play rock well. Would love to test them at home.