Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Split D440 to two D220's?
After getting a Trinnov Altitude to deal with room correction, my D440 is only being used for the amps and there are other amps I have that sound just as good and arguably better. So I would like to move it to a bedroom system or a sunroom, but since neither of these are optimal for a system of D440 caliber I was wondering if I could use instead as a two D220's in both rooms? I can no longer find the thread but I recall someone saying that the CI upgrade to the companion unit was virtually the same as the master unit. Does anyone know for sure or has done this? Thanks!
D440CI (Audio Prana XLR-RCA); Nordost Frey; Raidho C1.2; Artcoustic Impact-1 SL subs (4); VPI Scout; Oppo BDP-205; Roon Nucleus+; Shunyata Alpha and PC10 cabling; Stillpoint Ultra SS
Yes, it should be possible to use them as separate amps. Just make stereo configs for two 220 in Configurator. As you have only one remote I guess one config should be set up with no remote.
Just curious: which amplifiers do you use that sounds better than the 440? Do you use analog out from the Trinnov?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Thanks...was thinking I could find another remote when one pops up on eBay and until then just use Roon app since that will be the only source. Will test companion and see what happens. Yes, was using analog out from Trinnov to D440. Digital is too complicated to use Devialet volume control and if digital variable from Altitude it would lose resolution if I understand correctly. On amps, I am currently using a pascal-based multichannel amp (D-Sonic) that also powers 4 passive subs and I don't really miss the Devialet after a lot of back and forth. Maybe the Trinnov is neutralizing the amp's signature but it sounds fantastic with both. I also tried Hypex monoblocks and a JC5. I am also going to borrow a friend's Luxman M900u to see how much better that would be.
D440CI (Audio Prana XLR-RCA); Nordost Frey; Raidho C1.2; Artcoustic Impact-1 SL subs (4); VPI Scout; Oppo BDP-205; Roon Nucleus+; Shunyata Alpha and PC10 cabling; Stillpoint Ultra SS
A used remote will probably pop up on ebay so that is a good plan.
Using the line inputs on Devialet amps may not be the best as the signal is then going through an additional A/D, but I am certain you know this.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB