Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotify Connect no longer working (since late August)
Hi Everyone,

I have two Phantom White/Classic and one Dialog. Since maybe August 20 or so the Spotify Connect no longer works. For a while, just unplugging the Phantoms and Dialog (waiting until they're alive again) would make it work for maybe 5-10 minutes. But now, no more. 

I have made a reset using the three-button presses. Both Phantom and Dialog.
There have been no changes to my network components, cables, switch, et c.
Phantoms and Dialog have not moved in the apartment, nor have we added any furniture, et c, blocking the path.
I tried Sootify (latest version) on both iPhone and computer (Win 10)
Spotify Connect is enabled in Spark.
I have the latest firmware as far as I know (Phantom and Dialog 1.14.0.18). My phantoms are old, but have the Bluetooth option.
Radio stations and UPnP work fine.
I have Spotify Premium.

I could revert to playing via Bluetooth, but I'd rather avoid it since I live in an apartment and my neighbors then can see/hijack the BT connection (this has happened). Also, iPhone sounds pop up through the connection and the phone has to be close, which is annoying, to say the least.

Any ideas?

Johan
Hi sorry if stupid, but do you still have Spotify Premium? Maybe your Premium status expired and Connect only works with Premium. My 2 cents. Sorry if you checked.
(04-Sep-2019, 18:09)Keind23 Wrote: Hi sorry if stupid, but do you still have Spotify Premium? Maybe your Premium status expired and Connect only works with Premium. My 2 cents. Sorry if you checked.
Yes. I have Spotify Premium.
I have exactly the same problem, have not been able to remedy yet. Just chiming in as you are not alone.
(04-Sep-2019, 18:48)riozilla Wrote: I have exactly the same problem, have not been able to remedy yet. Just chiming in as you are not alone.
Did it start at about the same time, too? Mid-late August?
Not sure exactly but it’s been going on for awhile, maybe a few months. Every few weeks I try again and it doesn’t work so I end up using Bluetooth which is disappointing from a quality and experience point of view.
(04-Sep-2019, 20:50)riozilla Wrote: Not sure exactly but it’s been going on for awhile, maybe a few months. Every few weeks I try again and it doesn’t work so I end up using Bluetooth which is disappointing from a quality and experience point of view.
A few years ago I bought a USB -> optial (toslink) adapter. Then I bought a Dialog, and stowed the adapter away. I brought it out today to see if I can run Spotify on the computer and connect via optical to make it work. Then I could play local files via Spotify, too (which was the original reason for getting the adapter). The adapter is from iFi. Toslink output on the right.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

All of a sudden it now works. Very strange.
For me, spotify connect is always a problem. It randomly stops playing, using another device to play over optic works fine. Really annoying and support has so far ignored my questions about it =/ (dialog+two golds)