Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange message Air/MacOS
(14-Aug-2019, 14:41)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(14-Aug-2019, 14:14)runforfree69 Wrote: Hi Jean-Marie,

Thanks again, i've located that info and it reads ... 'Zero wifi in' & 'wifi module turned off'. Is this something I can alter in configuations or is it a software issue?

Cheers,

William

Did you buy the D premier new or this is a second hand unit?

Originally the D premier did not have the WiFi card fit in and it was a user serviceable thing to do after...

Normally in the configurator you can enable or disable WiFi (for instance it is disabled for me because I'm only using Ethernet). If It is enabled in the configurator and it still reads Zero wifi in and wifi module turned off, then I would be inclined to think that your D Premier does not have the WiFi card in.

Jean-Marie

Hi,

I've had the D for a few years, I bought it at a year old. Back then I was only interested in playing vinyl and it sounded as good and looked as tidy to me as any other amp's in my budget that I auditioned, the other features were a bonus. I tried AIR soon after purchase which I couldn't get to function but air x roon has me interested again.

Great news with your help, I'd probably have given up again without it, my D is now wifi enabled within Roon. I'll now spend some time aquainting myself with Roon. I'd imagine with Roon the D has had a resurgance in popularity on the used maket.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Best regards,

William
Feickert Blackbird, AO pu7, Benz ebony L, Graham Phantom, Koetsu Rosewood sig', Tom Evans SRX, Apple MacAir, D Premier. Kef blades. 
(15-Aug-2019, 15:56)runforfree69 Wrote:
(14-Aug-2019, 14:41)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(14-Aug-2019, 14:14)runforfree69 Wrote: Hi Jean-Marie,

Thanks again, i've located that info and it reads ... 'Zero wifi in' & 'wifi module turned off'. Is this something I can alter in configuations or is it a software issue?

Cheers,

William

Did you buy the D premier new or this is a second hand unit?

Originally the D premier did not have the WiFi card fit in and it was a user serviceable thing to do after...

Normally in the configurator you can enable or disable WiFi (for instance it is disabled for me because I'm only using Ethernet). If It is enabled in the configurator and it still reads Zero wifi in and wifi module turned off, then I would be inclined to think that your D Premier does not have the WiFi card in.

Jean-Marie

Hi,

I've had the D for a few years, I bought it at a year old. Back then I was only interested in playing vinyl and it sounded as good and looked as tidy to me as any other amp's in my budget that I auditioned, the other features were a bonus. I tried AIR soon after purchase which I couldn't get to function but air x roon has me interested again.

Great news with your help, I'd probably have given up again without it, my D is now wifi enabled within Roon. I'll now spend some time aquainting myself with Roon. I'd imagine with Roon the D has had a resurgance in popularity on the used maket.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Best regards,

William
You are very welcome.

I'm glad I could help.

Enjoy the music,

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
If anyone comes to this topic to have a solution for the Devialet Air not being compatible with Mac OS Catalina, the only workaround I found is downgrading to Mojave, installing the Devialet AIR there and then upgrading to the Catalina. In this way, it will give a warning in the installation of the Catalina about Devialet AIR is an 32bit app and won't work in Catalina properly but then it will keep working.

I think we really need to have this Devialet AIR source code to be open, in that way we would being able to recompiled the code as a 64bit app as probably that will take 3218 years for a company like Devialet to achieve.
What was the feedback when you reported it to Devialet?
As it is written on their website, use the USB for the time being as they don't have any plan or date to provide a proper AIR solution for Catalina or any further Mac OS update. As I have downgraded the operating system and installed it and then upgraded the system back again, for the time being I am fine with the current situation. If I create a complain list, being 6-10 months late to compile the app in 64bit architecture is the smallest frustration I will place there. But yeah, another shameful thing about Devialet.
Downgrading the operating system and incrementally upgrading it is the only working solution for MACOS Devialet Drivers. But once you do it, you do not need to follow the same steps each time. Upgrading to new versions of operating system does not matter, then. If you use Audirvana as aplayer on your Mac instead of Roon, you had better follow the steps explained on https://community.audirvana.com/t/enable...na/9638/83 to enable Direct-Mode and bit-perfect DAC communication after the upgrade.
Stereo Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS/Internet sources>> Supra CAT8 >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4(Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >> Mercury Streamer (GentooPlayer, MPD+UpMpdCli  running on RAM) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  Mogami Gold AES XLR >> Devialet 220 Pro >> Echole Omnia Speaker/Jumper Cables >> B&W 804D3 Speakers on IsoAcoustics GAIA-II

Headphone Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS(CAT8) >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4( Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >>  Mercury Streamer(GentooPlayer , Mpd/UpMpdCli ) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  RCA Coax >> Chord Hugo >> Fostex TH900 MK2
As they still advertise AIR on the website for Expert Pro it should be up to date for all current operating systems:

EXCLUSIVE TECHNOLOGIES
ADHV2, SAM, AIR, EVO, DAC Magic Wire, RAM

STREAMING SERVICES
UPnP
Airplay
Spotify Connect
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)