Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summary of Known Devialet Issues
One day is a little too soon to call it solved... Smile

BTW, using only UPnP I didn't have similar problems.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(28-Jul-2020, 23:56)Chrisey22 Wrote: Glad to hear you sorted that out , scout , it’s not really a problem as such because it only happens very rarely but obviously the worry is if it gets any worse and if anyone has had that problem.

Is a bit soon to say it´s solved, not a big issue, as you say but turned more often in the latest weeks.
We´ll see in the next days.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
(28-Jul-2020, 22:24)Chrisey22 Wrote: Mine sometimes stops playing with a record or streaming just for a second or two , sort of drops out ! My turntable is plugged in obviously and the innuos streamer is plug in
By USB . I would have thought it was a common problem at least someone must have had it ? Any ideas ?

Since you have it on both analog and digital inputs; this reminds me somewhat of an issue I and others had when the protection circuitry kicks in. Did you check for any stored error codes in the menu of your D? It could tell you what’s going on after it happens.

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Error-code
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I have updated the OP to include the issue with Sweet Room only including the first five filters.

A question to those who use Roon RAAT via the CI Board. Can the "CI board Roon Ready mode bug - "An audio file is loading slowly" message, stuttering with 24 bit material" issue be removed now? Is this issue fixed for all? It would be nice to knock one bug off the list.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(18-Oct-2020, 12:24)Confused Wrote: I have updated the OP to include the issue with Sweet Room only including the first five filters.

A question to those who use Roon RAAT via the CI Board.  Can the "CI board Roon Ready mode bug - "An audio file is loading slowly" message, stuttering with 24 bit material" issue be removed now?  Is this issue fixed for all?  It would be nice to knock one bug off the list.

I no longer see the “audio file loading slowly...” error, but I still cannot stream hi-res (24 bit) music via RAAT using gigabit ethernet without dropouts.   Sometimes it may just be a short dropout (e.g. 1 second or less).   Sometimes the dropout may last 20 seconds.   In all cases, Roon still “thinks” the music is playing.    I have reported this to Devialet but have not received any useful feedback yet other than their investigating.  

I did have one strange case where my RAAT zone for my Expert Pro simply disappeared from Roon although Roon AIR was still functional.   I had to power-cycle my Expert Pro to bring my RAAT zone back.   It only happened once and have not been able to reproduce it (yet ;-).

So, no, I don’t think the issue has been fully resolved (or, at least not for me).
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(18-Oct-2020, 16:57)mdconnelly Wrote:
(18-Oct-2020, 12:24)Confused Wrote: I have updated the OP to include the issue with Sweet Room only including the first five filters.

A question to those who use Roon RAAT via the CI Board.  Can the "CI board Roon Ready mode bug - "An audio file is loading slowly" message, stuttering with 24 bit material" issue be removed now?  Is this issue fixed for all?  It would be nice to knock one bug off the list.

I no longer see the “audio file loading slowly...” error, but I still cannot stream hi-res (24 bit) music via RAAT using gigabit ethernet without dropouts.   Sometimes it may just be a short dropout (e.g. 1 second or less).   Sometimes the dropout may last 20 seconds.   In all cases, Roon still “thinks” the music is playing.    I have reported this to Devialet but have not received any useful feedback yet other than their investigating.  

I did have one strange case where my RAAT zone for my Expert Pro simply disappeared from Roon although Roon AIR was still functional.   I had to power-cycle my Expert Pro to bring my RAAT zone back.   It only happened once and have not been able to reproduce it (yet ;-).

So, no, I don’t think the issue has been fully resolved (or, at least not for me).
That's the same as what I see as well.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution

I haven't had the problem since installing the latest FW update but then I'm using an ETHERRegen which means I'm also using a 100T connection and I wasn't getting the problem before installing the latest update.

It's worth noting that Roon's error message that "An audio file is loading slowly" existed before Devialet introduced their bug in the FW update that made our amps Roon Ready. That means that there must be other problems which cause Roon to show that error message. I've seen some people say they're still having the problem with the new firmware and others saying that the new firmware fixes the problem. Even if someone is getting the same error message with the new firmware doesn't mean that the bug in Devialet's firmware hasn't been fixed, they may be getting the same error message for a different reason.

We're in a new game here. Working out whether the latest firmware fixed the previous problem, or just some of a group of previous problems, isn't going to be any easier than establishing that there was a problem with the original Roon Ready update and it is always possible that the old problem has been fixed but a new and totally unrelated problem with similar symptoms has been introduced. We cannot simply assume that if some people are still having similar problems with the new firmware, the old problem still exists. Just as lots of different causes can cause a person to run a fever, there are a number of different causes that can cause similar problems in audio playback. The first step is establishing that there is a problem, the second step is establishing what the cause is and it's a bit too early at this stage to start jumping to a conclusion that the previous issue still exists.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
This thread came to my mind the other day when reading other recent posts. First to say it took me quite a while to find this thread. For some reason the original thread title has changed itself to "ATE". I am pretty sure this is not the original thread title!

@Rufus McDufus - Is there any chance the original thread title can be restored. I think it would have been Summary of Known Devialet Issues, or similar.

Anyway, it is interesting to look back. The OP was back in January 2020, so well over three years old now. Has any progress been made over the last three years?

From the OP, the issues then were as follows, notes in italics added today, beneath each point.

Expert:
CI board Roon Ready mode bug - "An audio file is loading slowly" message, stuttering with 24 bit material. - EDIT /UPDATE - With the latest firmware many report that they no longer get the "An audio file is loading slowly" message, however, it appears a big still exists as many report dropouts / stuttering issues with the Roon Ready mode, which can be mitigated by using 100BASE-T Ethernet.

I believe this is solved now?

AIR - Compatibility issues with latest Mac OS.

I have no idea, I do not use Mac OS.

Configurator issues - For example, dual mono configurations not saving output level for pre-out on slave, other similar bugs with balance and tone control settings and settings not being saved

We have seen yet more Configurator issues recently, and I suspect more issues will arise in the future. Unless anyone believes that the Configurator is now 100% perfect, I would say this one is "ongoing".

Clipping / distortion issues with some SAM / bass settings

Is this still an issue for anyone?

Audible phono stage hiss for some users with low output MC cartridges

This one is most definitely not solved. I would say this is inherent to the design, so a new amp or replacement phono board (both seem unlikely) would be needed to fix.

Remote app unstable or not working for some users and some devices

Definitely ongoing. The app seems to be OK for some, but I for one still find issues with the App.

Promised CI board features not delivered, Bluetooth, Web radios, etc.

We are still waiting.....

Erratic behaviour of remote control, such as autonomous ramping to full volume (possibly related to battery level)

Thankfully I have never experienced this. Is it still an issue for some?

CI models don't allow wired Ethernet and Wi-Fi to be used concurrently

This is one solved (or you could say is unsolvable), apparently this is a requirement of Apple AirPlay.

Expert Pro losing IP address every few days when using Ethernet connection. According to Devialet, this is a known bug in the latest FW.

Is anyone still finding issues with this?

Configurator requires update to serve CI equipped models, to allow any unwanted inputs such as Spotify & UPnP to be deselected

We are still waiting.....

Master and companion devices play at different sample rates (intermittent issue reported by one user - if anyone else can replicate the issue please post below)

Is this still an issue for anyone?

Sweet Room seems to accept only the first 5 filters. Filters 6-9 seem to be ignored

Is this still an issue? I do not use Sweet Room, so have no idea.

So the above is a partial summary of the progress over the last three years or so. I do not know the status of all points, but fair to say that not a lot has happened recently.

Plus, is there anything to add?

Also, as a reminder - From the OP - Please do not use this as a proxy for a "moaning about Devialet" thread, otherwise useful content and posts will get lost in the noise.  Please keep posts factual and to the point.

If you do fancy a good old moan about Devialet, this is the thread for you:

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-I-just-w...t-Devialet
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
@Confused Title changed (no idea what happened there!).
(17-Sep-2023, 14:15)Rufus McDufus Wrote: @Confused Title changed (no idea what happened there!).

Thanks for sorting this so quickly, much appreciated.