Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Unsatisfied people's thread
I must be the only one angry and mean customer, but who cares.
No update in sight... Not fix of current issues.
Bluetooth is not secured...
Please excuse my poor reputation
(01-Jul-2019, 15:12)daibaron Wrote: I must be the only one angry and mean customer, but who cares.

You're the only one which has not given up on Devialet.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(01-Jul-2019, 19:46)ragwo Wrote:
(01-Jul-2019, 15:12)daibaron Wrote: I must be the only one angry and mean customer, but who cares.

You're the only one which has not given up on Devialet.

I would clarify and say Devialet software...  I've MacGyvered mine to work extremely well at this point (10 phantoms and counting...)
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
Wozzup? Mine is chugging along quite nicely and as updates are very few and far between, there is less confusion and bugs. My only complaint at the moment is Roon skipping tracks which is basically a reminder that my MacBook should be rebooted every few days. The homogenous nature of the Pro box at least, similar to Apple products, means that in general I only have one box of tricks to worry about. That for quite a few might not be seen as a ‘good thing’. I guess with the very tightly integrated Phantom and Pro products it must be difficult for Devialet to figure out their next big moves.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
Tongue 
This good old saying comes to mind

[Image: ufh2p06dxd301.jpg]
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(04-Jul-2019, 07:51)ragwo Wrote: This good old saying comes to mind

[Image: ufh2p06dxd301.jpg]

LOL! Dumb people and tattoos; Great combination.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Can I join the party (poopers)!

First, though, I must thank Devialet for enabling the disabling of, presumably, its communication protocol(?) by providing the Optical Direct mode on the Phantoms and now, apparently, the Reactors.  Someone had the foresight to consider its need.  Without it, I am sure I would have replaced my Phantoms long ago.

Back on the thread subject, the abject failure to DELIVER, in my case, a multi channel, not multi room, capable system in those first few years was a period of frustration.  Every small sliver of hope was followed up, even considering some of Devialet own ‘hacks’.  Anyone remember the Auvitran - Ethernet to Optical Adapter or the expensive boxes from either Xilinx or Crestron.  All intended to accommodate pro installers.

Both failed to gain any traction and worse, I believe Devialet abandoned any pretence of delivering multi channel.

A small chunk of light appeared with the mention of the Direct Optical mode, on this forum, and I finally saw a way to achieve what seemed impossible.
Subsequently, my understanding grew in various directions as I  investigated ways and means to assemble a relatively simple infrastructure.  I started with something familiar, I.e. Windows pc, and learnt more about the hardware and software; onto VST plug-in software and subsequently DAW software and VST hosts.  Discovered USB hardware that would interface between audio/video sources and of course the Phantoms and voila, a Heath Robinson construct but one that delivers on all the things NOT provided by Devialet.

- multi source input
- channel routing/matrixing
- any amount of EQ, either for room correction or sound customisation
- low latency
- multi channel outputs

Finally, I am done.  Phew!  However, I realise that this system is very niche.

In conclusion, its worth repeating “Never give up on yourself, but forget about Devialet”
Wozzup? Mine is chugging along quite nicely and as updates are very few and far between, there is less confusion and bugs. My only complaint at the moment is Roon skipping tracks which is basically a reminder that my MacBook should be rebooted every few days. The homogenous nature of the Pro box at least, similar to Apple products, means that in general I only have one box of tricks to worry about. That for quite a few might not be seen as a ‘good thing’. I guess with the very tightly integrated Phantom and Pro products it must be difficult for Devialet to figure out their next big moves.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
I just sold sold mine, maybe i could make a new thread titled "Satisfied people's thread"
This speaker never worked as I expected but the sound was good.
I really hope the next gen Phantom will be flawless this time.
This will certainly refrain people from buying the previous gen Phantoms.
Please excuse my poor reputation
Hi,

I'm using Direct optical mode (so no latency problem) and a Sonos connect with an optical splitter, on a pair of Gold...
No Dialog needed...
Works like a charm !

Work even in sync with other Sonos speaker in my home, volume and simple EQ built-in with Sonos app (volume + mute button also on the connect) and could also use Spotify connect without the sonos app.

Not even a reboot in the last 6 month Smile

Only missing feature is Hires (no 24 bits or 96khz/192khz sampling from the Sonos connect).

Happy Smile

P.S: I always thought that Devialet should have sold Phantoms as amplified speaker, (and they are very good at it), nothing more...