Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time limit on Infinity Core?
So far as software problems are concerned, I've been using Airplay from an iPad with Mconnect streaming files from Qobuz and my server in 24/192 and DSD and have not had a single problem. upnp using bubble from an Android tablet is OK to 24/96 with the occasional dropout. There are a few bugs using Air from OSX that they know about and are going to fix soon.
So my advice is be less paranoid and get it done.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
They are going to fix them soon, huh?! Certainly looking forward to reading about all those fixes in early Jan 2018! Big Grin

I just don’t see how anyone reading the ‘carcrash’ Devialet update blogs, or this forum, could be remotely keen to rush into an upgrade.

I waited nearly two years for Devialet to get their act together last time round, and won’t be repeating that in a hurry, not while I’ve got a setup that’s pretty much rock solid.

My advice to anyone that hasn’t taken the plunge, is hold off as long as you possibly can.

But hey, that’s just me!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

My advice is if USB or Ethernet is your primary input then wait. Otherwise if you use AES, SPDIF, Line-In, Optical, or Phono then go ahead and update. The sonic improvements are worth it.
(23-Dec-2017, 00:23)Hifi_swlon Wrote: They are going to fix them soon, huh?! Certainly looking forward to reading about all those fixes in early Jan 2018!  Big Grin

I just don’t see how anyone reading the ‘carcrash’ Devialet update blogs, or this forum, could be remotely keen to rush into an upgrade.

I waited nearly two years for Devialet to get their act together last time round, and won’t be repeating that in a hurry, not while I’ve got a setup that’s pretty much rock solid.

My advice to anyone that hasn’t taken the plunge, is hold off as long as you possibly can.

But hey, that’s just me!

It's not just you! Big Grin Big Grin

I think the current situation is all the more embarrassing when we see how Roon have just rolled-out a massive upgrade, bringing a ton of new features and refinements. There were a couple of minor glitches, most of which have already been addressed with a maintenance release less than a week later. THAT'S how to do it.

Considering that Devialet have been trumpeting about the CI upgrade for a year, the situation today beggars belief! They should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
These Problems seem to the same with every new price of streaming hardware, look on head-fi about the new chord poly, the naim forum about the delays on their new streaming gear.

Is it so hard?

I guess these hardware companies have not prepared for the need to become software companies!
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(23-Dec-2017, 13:37)Chris Marshall Wrote: These Problems seem to the same with every new price of streaming hardware, look on head-fi about the new chord poly, the naim forum about the delays on their new streaming gear.

Is it so hard?

I guess these hardware companies have not prepared for the need to become software companies!

Air - Still Ongoing Problems
App Remote - Gave Up (5 years and .......)
CI Board - Oops (#%%^&*(*^%$@)
The Future -  Huh
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(23-Dec-2017, 13:37)Chris Marshall Wrote: These Problems seem to the same with every new price of streaming hardware, look on head-fi about the new chord poly, the naim forum about the delays on their new streaming gear.

Is it so hard?

Maybe Naim and Chord are also just a bit rubbish at it too, rather than it being a generic excuse for all audio companies though. Naim were a very tradional company originally, and both are also really small.

Devialet should know better though. They’ve been developing software and firmware for years to go with their high-tech products, and their shambolic past should have taught them a thing or two about how not to do it... Sadly it appears they live in denial - I imagine scenes of management running around like headless chickens telling developers to do things quickly “just make it work!”, rather than have a proper well planned strategy they’re executing with plenty of contingency built in.

At least they’re letting us have an insight into their crazy development process via their website blog updates, which for all the wrong reasons I really quite enjoy. All we can cling onto is the fact that crazy people do sometimes pull of creating amazing things, you just have to wait and see which way the chips fall....

As far as I’m aware they’ve never even announced the plans for the full ecosystem and what the end result of the CI board and supporting software and firmware will be/do? Truth is they probably don’t know.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(23-Dec-2017, 19:58)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

Is it so hard?

Maybe Naim and Chord are also just a bit rubbish at it too, rather than it being a generic excuse for all audio companies though. Naim were a very tradional company originally, and both are also really small.

Devialet should know better though.  They’ve been developing software and firmware for years to go with their high-tech products, and their shambolic past should have taught them a thing or two about how not to do it... Sadly it appears they live in denial - I imagine scenes of management running around like headless chickens telling developers to do things quickly “just make it work!”, rather than have a proper well planned strategy they’re executing with plenty of contingency built in.

At least they’re letting us have an insight into their crazy development process via their website blog updates, which for all the wrong reasons I really quite enjoy.  All we can cling onto is the fact that crazy people do sometimes pull of creating amazing things, you just have to wait and see which way the chips fall....

As far as I’m aware they’ve never even announced the plans for the full ecosystem and what the end result of the CI board and supporting software and firmware will be/do? Truth is they probably don’t know.

I have tried a Nativ Vita for some weeks now. If you would make this experience, you would say Devialet has no real software problems. I have returned the device exasperated. Now I see the little Devialet problems in a completely different light, and I‘am quite happy with my upgraded PRO with ROON or Audirvana ?
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
(23-Dec-2017, 20:25)midi Wrote: I have tried a Nativ Vita for some weeks now. If you would make this experience, you would say Devialet has no real software problems. I have returned the device exasperated. Now I see the little Devialet problems in a completely different light, and I‘am quite happy with my upgraded PRO with ROON or Audirvana ?

I am presently auditioning an Innuos Zenith II and I thought before making a decision I should also try the Native Vita. I like the design (from pictures) but I have not found any reviews. Now I understand why.
(25-Dec-2017, 01:14)Music or sound Wrote:
(23-Dec-2017, 20:25)midi Wrote: I have tried a Nativ Vita for some weeks now. If you would make this experience, you would say Devialet has no real software problems. I have returned the device exasperated. Now I see the little Devialet problems in a completely different light, and I‘am quite happy with my upgraded PRO with ROON or Audirvana ?

I am presently auditioning an Innuos Zenith II and I thought before making a decision I should also try the Native Vita. I like the design (from pictures) but I have not found any reviews. Now I understand why.

The design is really nice and the idea is brilliant. But the OS makes the VITA hardware nearly useless. I hope they will find the solution, but they have a long way to go.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana