Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tree/Branch Stands - audio quality comparison with traditional stands?
The Branch has been renamed as Tree.  It is apparently now widely available in the USA in terms of being orderable. 

The Tree is 26 inches tall.  I have a speaker stand that is 26 inches tall - but of course not as nice looking and integrated as the Tree stand. 

Question: Has any owner of the Tree also put your Phantoms at 26 (or close) tall stands.  And have swapping over to the official stands made any difference in the audio?  And if yes, what are the differences? 

Thanks!
im using $50 a pair stands bought on amazon, and I am happy as clam. (No point to waste more money on not-branch stand right?)
The branch does look fabulous to me.....Smile But am wondering about impact on sound quality if any.

It does provide additional heat dispersion so that the Phantom can run at maximum for longer periods. Of course, I don't need tha function. Also, it does LOCK the speaker down so that it won't fall of the stand.
The branch is great to see and he is great in sound
(12-Mar-2016, 02:15)wcallen Wrote: im using $50 a pair stands bought on amazon, and I am happy as clam. (No point to waste more money on not-branch stand right?)
There are some that insist the branch/tree improves the sound. Even if identical height there will be differences based on the mass of the stand in particular. I don't think the "attachment" to the stand makes much of a difference (other than possibly as a heatsink) as the connection is just at one point and fundamentally it is the weight on the stand the bonds the two. I haven't been able to compare with one stand or another, but there are other reports that insist there are improvements.......make of that what you will Smile
(12-Mar-2016, 11:29)jonstatt Wrote:
(12-Mar-2016, 02:15)wcallen Wrote: im using $50 a pair stands bought on amazon, and I am happy as clam. (No point to waste more money on not-branch stand right?)
There are some that insist the branch/tree improves the sound. Even if identical height there will be differences based on the mass of the stand in particular. I don't think the "attachment" to the stand makes much of a difference (other than possibly as a heatsink) as the connection is just at one point and fundamentally it is the weight on the stand the bonds the two. I haven't been able to compare with one stand or another, but there are other reports that insist there are improvements.......make of that what you will Smile
Branch is not out on US market now, so that is why I am settling with some off brand stands right now
(12-Mar-2016, 18:51)wcallen Wrote:
(12-Mar-2016, 11:29)jonstatt Wrote:
Branch is not out on US market now, so that is why I am settling with some off brand stands right now

Actually you can order Branch or now called "Tree" and "White Tree" Online as well as at the dealer in the US. Dealer told me they are available.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
Mainly aesthetics in my view. Difficult to get a stand which matches the Phantom bacause of its oval footprint. And a stand which conceals the cabling.

Devialet claim heatsink advantages too, though I would have thought these minimal.

Very expensive for what it is but beautifully made.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Just ordered the "Tree" directly from Devialet. Expected to ship tomorrow (March 13th). Will post my experience with them against the current setup (sitting atop a TV stand - far from ideal).
Yes, as noted, Branch/Tree is available for USA ordering now.

So is extended warranty. I have made two inquiries about their extended warranty and will report back.