Poll: Which is your preferred UPnP control point?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Audirvana
16.82%
18 16.82%
JRiver
12.15%
13 12.15%
Kazoo
5.61%
6 5.61%
mConnect
8.41%
9 8.41%
BubbleUPnP
13.08%
14 13.08%
MediaMonkey
0.93%
1 0.93%
Synology MediaPlayer
2.80%
3 2.80%
Other
40.19%
43 40.19%
Total 107 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPnP control point survey
Hi guys

Devialet have asked me to post this survey. They would like to know which control points people are using (or would like to use) for UPnP.

If you choose "other" then please tell us which one in this thread.

Thanks!

Guillaume

PS - my personal favourite is Kazoo, it integrates with Qobuz perfectly and just works really well.
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Might it also be worth having a "none" option, to help Devialet gauge the overall level of interest in UPnP?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(02-May-2018, 12:15)thumb5 Wrote: Might it also be worth having a "none" option, to help Devialet gauge the overall level of interest in UPnP?

That would be nice. I would select "none" as I don't have any interest in UPnP.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
It's 'Other' here as I only use Roon and would prefer RAAT. Before this (two years ago) I used Bubble+MPD+upmpdcli with JRiver as server. Agree with thumb5 that a "none" option would be helpful.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Voted for "Other" as I don't use this control point.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Nice that Devialet enquired about this feature, and the fact that they came to this forum, and GuillaumeB, suggests they are are attentive.

I also voted 'other' as a stand-in for none. in my NAIM days I used Playback until it was abandoned. It was in the 'decent to good' range. I then tried Asset, which is popular on NAIM, or was a few years ago. It is, or was, inconsistent with constant drop outs, lost connections, and useless file organization and presntation. I'd call the support 4 / 10 at best. And a lot of other users thought it was good....

But to me 'UPnP Compatible' is not a feature; it is warning label. I HATE UPnP with a violent passion. It, more than anything else, drove me away from NAIM and I would fight it off with a flaming pitchfork, garlic and a shrunken head.

I understand that I am at the tail end of equipment interest here; I just use a modded Sonos: Connect and AIR from my iMac (yes, I hear the laughter out there). I may change streamers in the future, but we're streaming for 95% of our listening so I'm not growing my collection of music in local storage. I'm fine with FLAC or it's equal for file format. I'm sure I am less critical than many others, so I may be dismissing something that more knowedgable listeners consider critical, and perhaps UPnP is an important feature for more sophisticated systems.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Voted for Other. I use Roon and AIR over ethernet. Not really interested in UPnP.
iTunes & TIDAL HiFi --> ROON on iMac --> ROON RAAT over Ethernet --> D440 Pro-->  ProAc  D40R floorstanding speakers (SAM)
Also:  Linn LP12/Ittok turntable Cables: Nordost Shiva power, Nordost Flatline2 speaker cable

Dublin,  Ireland
Hi, use for about 2 months Astell & Kern (ak connect 2.0) Works great! Rolleyes
I voted Other!
https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?...t#pid72261
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(02-May-2018, 12:53)petrik Wrote:
(02-May-2018, 12:15)thumb5 Wrote: Might it also be worth having a "none" option, to help Devialet gauge the overall level of interest in UPnP?

That would be nice. I would select "none" as I don't have any interest in UPnP.

Selected other = none and no interest.

Flattering for guillaume and the forum, but I actually think it’s hugely disappointing that Devialet chose to ask the DC community about this feature over everything else they could have asked and got involved in now or over the past years. Had the poll been gauging RAAT interest, room correction, or any of the number of features discussed at length over the years, it would have been something to celebrate.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Ditto here on no interest so I voted Other. To be honest, there are really no features in the CI update that interest me other than future potential (e.g. RAAT, room correction, or whatever else is on my wishlist that I'll likely never see).
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA