Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unified software
Quote:It will never make a decent cup of coffee, but it does pretty much everything else.

Mine does get pretty hot Big Grin
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(05-Feb-2021, 03:06)ssfas Wrote: I'm informed that Expert is considered fairly final state and I personally agree. It will never make a decent cup of coffee, but it does pretty much everything else.

I don't think calling Expert in fairly final state a good vision for a tech based company. For a tech company innovation and iteration are the only driving point for the figures. (Money and customer) If they believe the product is mature enough to park and if there is no new iteration plan over it, they are basically going to kill the product line.

Anyway, here is my list to see improvements:
  • Devialet AIR is totally gone with Big Sur, I want it back, I don't like Roon (I don't find it sound good + it doesn't support Dirac Live)
  • A remote control that has all the config enabled. (No config file, no need to stand up to change a config from the menu etc.)
  • Tidal Connect support (Spotify one was nice but I believe Tidal is much suitable product for Expert Pro line up as it is hifi)
  • Airplay 2 (Not an urgent thing but my wife uses it quite frequently, having up to date will be good)
Even after those I will say they will always need some extra maintenance and support to keep up with the latest tech updates (Roon, Spotify, Airplay, AIR Drivers, all will demand some extra effort for to be compatible with future)
(04-Feb-2021, 20:34)ogs Wrote:
(04-Feb-2021, 19:05)Confused Wrote: Just out of curiosity, I searched for this:

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-UK-event...5#pid85585

I might be wrong, but I believe this was the first mention of a unified app for the both the Phantom and Expert.  This was July 2019.

I must admit, I would very much like an enhanced app, maybe just with a few features such as tone control, SAM on / off, DPM on / off, this kind of thing.  Unfortunately my hunch is that this not likely to happen any time soon, so best not to worry about it too much. 

I have zero inside information though.  This also makes me wonder if we will ever have another Devialet event at Oxford Audio.  Last year it would have been impossible due to the Coronavirus restrictions, this might be the case this year too, maybe 2019 will stand as the last one ever?  Perhaps @oxfordaudio might know more?

If Devialet 'unifies' the 48kHz limit for Expert amps too we'll probably see quite a few used Devialet amps for sale.

Yes, I fully understand the annoyance caused by the latest Phantom update.  In a way though, this is the kind of thing I was alluding to with my comment above re the Oxford Audio event.  It is  only at events like this that we seem to get any insight into what Devialet are doing, or any decent technical information to answer the many questions that we accumulate over time.  Although it will not change the fact that Devialet have imposed a 24/48 limit within the Phantom, it would at least be interesting to have a "one on one" discussion with Devialet's technical personal to understand why they have done it.  I presume there is a good technical reason for it, I could guess it is to improve stability, but that would just be a guess, it could be many things.  I doubt they have done it just to be annoying though, even if it might look a bit like that.  

Hence it would be good to discuss the points like this with Devialet directly to at least gain some understanding of why it is done, how it might influence sound quality, streaming stability or whatever else.  Then once that one is cleared up, maybe someone could ask if there are any plans to update the Expert remote app, or what the plans to unify Expert and Phantom might look like.

I think that in some cases a good technical understanding can improve piece of mind with respect to issues like this, although looking at the number of recent posts on the topic, we are a very long way from this at the moment.  Essentially it all comes down to the level of technical information and sensible communication from Devialet, which is pretty woeful at the moment I think.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Will Devialet be at the High End Show which is in Munich in September?
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
The Pro certainly needs additional improvement.

I would love the following:
- improved configurator for Dual mono (or extended config options in Roon but I understand some users wouldn’t like it done this way)
- better heat mgt when in sleep
- improved DSD support
- improved room mgt support

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Certainly, the configurator and the remote app are major opportunities for improvement. Neither are rocket science - certainly not compared to the Expert Pro itself - but who knows where (or if) it is on Devialet's priority list.

Another question I have is... Does Devialet have a plan for Sweet Room? Hard to imagine they don't or why bother releasing it at all. It has great potential but as is, it is far more troublesome than it's worth (IMHO of course).

But, we're talking Devialet here... all will be revealed in time (or perhaps not ;-)
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(07-Feb-2021, 16:26)chrisc Wrote: Will Devialet be at the High End Show which is in Munich in September?

Hi, according to the information from the organizer of the HighEnd, Devialet has canceled for 2021! Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria