Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Upgrade, or sell and buy new?
Now that the upgrade pricing has been announced, there is some math to be done to determine whether it makes more sense to sell an existing unit and simply buy a new Expert Pro model, or to upgrade.

Have we seen pricing announced for the new Expert Pro units? Assuming the pricing stays in the vicinity of the out-going units, it seems hard to justify the D120 to D220 upgrade price, when you could sell your existing unit and purchase a new D220 for less total cost. The math seems quite different for D800 owners. 

I feel like someone needs to build a spreadsheet to tell us where the sell vs. upgrade points fall for each unit, based on pricing in each country. I suppose we have to wait until all those prices are published, however. (It could be even more complicated if Devialet allows you to choose which currency you pay in! I might prefer to pay in Euros if the exchange rate continues to move favorably against the US$.)
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.