Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Gold Users also use Roon?
Since downloading DOS 2 and losing the Dialog, I've had issues playing Tidal CD and Master level recordings (left channel "flutters", a reverb that gets worse until the speaker drops off and system resets). My Mac and 2018 Golds are connected via ethernet to my router, all in the same room. I've been back and forth with Devialet support for 4 months and just downloaded Roon 3 days ago and have had no issues anymore. 

What percentage of Phantom users use Roon and why?
Would also like to hear comments if people have had similar issues with Phantoms since DOS 2?

Thanks!
I'm using Roon and I'm a very happy camper. It works flawlessly both with the Kii Threes and Phantom Gold in stereo. Room correction with convolution filters is great and brings the sound quality to a new level. The nice UI, the easy ways to discover new music and the integration of local files are a big advantages. The support of Squeezebox, AirPlay and Sonos enables me to connect various speakers inside and outside to the system.

Regarding the flutter sound it has occurred a couple of times after upgrading to DOS2, but only when using the optical input. A power cycle of the affected speaker has fixed the problem.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I have been in and out of Roon for awhile. Roon is a slick system which I think is enjoyed by the type of people who have broad and/or deep tastes in music and tend to often enjoy album covers and sleeves as well as the music. It is fun to explore new music with and it offered a fairly good EQ solution, There are two primary reasons why I have not stuck with Roon. First, I own very little music instead being a subscriber to multiple services so it’s cataloging ability is largely untapped by me. Second, Roonand my Apple centric setup didn’t play well with each other. I never was able to figure out how to stop my mini from sleeping such that my Roon experience was never on instantly but a rather only used when I had time to get the set up right.
(27-Jun-2021, 11:45)ragwo Wrote: I'm using Roon and I'm a very happy camper. It works flawlessly both with the Kii Threes and Phantom Gold in stereo. Room correction with convolution filters is great and brings the sound quality to a new level. The nice UI, the easy ways to discover new music and the integration of local files are a big advantages. The support of Squeezebox, AirPlay and Sonos enables me to connect various speakers inside and outside to the system.

Regarding the flutter sound it has occurred a couple of times after upgrading to DOS2, but only when using the optical input. A power cycle of the affected speaker has fixed the problem.

What did you use to get convolution filters? Btw, I use Roon and like it a lot. No problems.
@st33f
I used Audiolense to create the convolution filters.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage