Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What album are you listening tonight?
[attachment=3153]

the new 24/96 Giles Martin remaster of the "The Beatles" White Album is just great
(12-Nov-2018, 18:43)Wdw Wrote: the new 24/96 Giles Martin remaster of the "The Beatles" White Album is just great

I love all the extras too - Esher demos in decent sound quality etc. A real treat.
(12-Nov-2018, 20:44)Rufus McDufus Wrote:
(12-Nov-2018, 18:43)Wdw Wrote: the new 24/96 Giles Martin remaster of the "The Beatles" White Album is just great

I love all the extras too - Esher demos in decent sound quality etc. A real treat.

Yes...true...John's scat like vocalizations and all the rest....  What is apparent to me with these high rate remasters, this and Pepper, is how I had undervalued the two other Beatles....Ringo is just a wonderfully colourful drummer and George's work is far more nuanced than I had given it.  
Now, if they would only hurry up and get to Abbey Road...the best Beatles album, IMHO.
It’s an absolute aural treat and is the best remastering of Beaties works so far. The detail and layering of the instrumentation and vocals is also exceptional. Haven’t got further than the original album itself so far. Not sure am too keen on early takes myself. To this day I find Clapton’s contribution on While My Guitar Gently Weeps spine tingling perfection and the fact that it was recorded in one evening astounds me.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(13-Nov-2018, 15:14)Gerronwithit Wrote: It’s an absolute aural treat and is the best remastering of Beaties works so far. The detail and layering of the instrumentation and vocals is also exceptional. Haven’t got further than the original album itself so far. Not sure am too keen on early takes myself. To this day I find Clapton’s contribution on While My Guitar Gently Weeps spine tingling perfection and the fact that it was recorded in one evening astounds me.

Bravo,

You said it better than I...it was "My Guitar Gently Weeps" that was the spur for my comment about the "other two".  Just a great bit of music.
Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble
"Couldn't Stand The Weather"

Earthy blues, the finest!

Double Trouble is Stevie Ray Vaughan’s blues rock band. The group consisted of Vaughan, Chris “Whipper” Layton, Tommy Shannon and Reese Wynans.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Haven't posted in this thread for some time, but lots of good albums on rotation at the moment:

Julia Holter - Aviary
Fatima - And Yet It's All Love
Studio Barnhus Volym 1
Tirzah - Devotion
Leon Vynehall - Nothing is Still
Grouper - Grid of Points
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden

Beggars Banquet (50th Anniversary Edition)

The Rolling Stones have rocked the globe for an incredible 55 years. During this time they have released several classic albums, including "Beggars Banquet" from 1968.
Download: HRA Flac 96/24

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
Brilliant album with some absolute classic tunes but I wonder what would be made of the lyrics of Stray Cat Blues nowadays.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(17-Nov-2018, 20:17)Gerronwithit Wrote: Brilliant album with some absolute classic tunes but I wonder what would be made of the lyrics of Stray Cat Blues nowadays.

Oh yes, already borderline!
Germany / Bavaria